East Yorks in Lincs

hogman

The next meeting of the East Yorkshire area is on the 1st May at 12 noon at the Humber Bridge Country Park (usual place), where we will be leaving at 12.30 to head on over to Lincolnshire for a full afternoons blat over there. We will be meeting up with the Lincs Lads at 12.45 at Barneys Cafe.

Everyone welcome, and lets hope for good weather!

Cheers

Kevin

Luv to Kev but will be at Stoneleigh! Hows things bud? All progressing in the right direction I hope

Buzz

Hey there

Thanks for the message Buzz, things aren't progressing on the illness front, but hey only got to wait until Jan 06 for the op now! Not bad for the NHS - only waiting for 18 months!  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :suspect:  :arse:

Hey Si, yep you can bring a Cateringvan aslong as it can keep up  :D  :p

Barney's Cafe is just over the bridge on the Lincs side, its on the road between the Humber Bridge and the airport, cant miss it really as its right on the road side.

Hope to see you all there

Cheers

Kevin

Hiya Kevin,

Do you know what sort of route you're likely to be taking on this one?  I'm prob gonna be camping the night before somewhere in the area with a few mates, could mebe meet up with you all if it's not too far off!

It is okto invite the likes of normal road cars isn't it (mx5 etc)????  :blush:

Heres afew more details for you..

The East Yorkshire contingency are to meet at 12:00pm as usual at the Humber Bridge and then proceed over to the Lincolnshire side to meet up with 'our lot' at Barney's Café (Barnetby Top).  

Directions: - over the Humber Bridge, straight down the A15 to the junction with the M180 (about 12 miles), straight across the junction on to the A18, Barney's Café is about 400m on the right hand side.

We are hoping to set off from here at about 12:45pm for the 'Lincs Blat'.  Will probably be 2 to 3 hours depending on number of stop-offs for refreshments, fuel, pee breaks, ice creams etc.

As for route I dont know cos the Lincs lads have planned it!

Yep everyone welcome, but you sure you can keep up in an MX5  :devil:  :D  :p

Cheers

Kevin

Cheeky!! I'd be in my westie anyway, the mx5 should be able to manage ok, the turbo and 200bhp will help it a bit over a standard mx!

:devil:

Anyone care to shed any details on the likely route??

Hi Rich,

I'll e-mail you the route and see you on Sunday

cheers,

Roger C

Hi Roger - I've sent you a PM with my email address

cheers!

Hi

Roger can you please email me the route? Thanks!

For future runs out I will produce a pdf file of the route in advance with planned stops etc on, might be useful incase we get split up etc

All start to pray for sunshine now, the forecast (guess) is looking iffy  :(

Cheers

Kevin

Kev,

I've got copies of the route for everybody & by the way, the forecast I've seen for Sunday gives a heatwave!

- we'll see eh?

Roger

Cheers for the email Roger, looks like a really good route!

Will be great if we can get onto the airfield - a nice flat expanse to mess around on!  :D

Just had a look on BBC weather, I used Louth as the reference, and it reckons upto 20deg C on Sunday!

Hope they ge the forecast right and its glorious weather, I know some of the roads on the route and they are great Westie roads, should be fun!

Roger, hope you have made plenty of fuel stops for us with small tanks! :D:p

Cheers

kevin