Brands Hatch

I.S.M

To those of you that are interested;

I ve just got home after a very sunny weekend at brands with the 750mc. This weekend saw myself out in the locost, dave aspden and JWT in the kits and JT in rgb.

We had a great set-up comprising; 2 trucks, one massive truck side awning, a double EZ up and loads of beer! Oh and 4 cars under them.

I had a good weekend in the end even after qualifying a lowly 22nd. 1 second covered first 20 grid slots - amazing. 22nd meant having to contest the heat race to decide which of us slow boys went into the final. I started the heat 3rd on the grid- having been slapped about by plays-kool paul and my dad. The heat was red flagged after one lap with cars stuck in the gravel outside paddock hill bend; lucky for me since i d had an awful start and was down in 6th. The heat was re-started (from original grid slots) and i got away better, good enough in fact for a 'cole trickle' move round the outside of paddock hill bend (first corner) to put me in the lead. I went on to win the heat.

This win placed me 20th on the final grid. Once again the race was red flagged with the carnage at druids hairpin on lap two. Unfortunately this saw Nick Lear suffer and have to start from pit lane. The race was restarted and i was on a blinder from the last 3/4 of the field - lights went on and i charged through - much to the delight of the commentator and my family who had noted my presence in the heat. After 10 hard fought laps i finished 4th, and was tagged onto the rear wing of the lead group; anyones race.

I was unsure of the outcome at brands after a poor start at mallory 4 weeks ago (short of horse power) in which i had to hold back the pack as you can see below to finish 6th after charging to 3rd in the first few laps.

3685.jpeg

Can you spot the near-side rear wing being 'persuaded' off?

Just proving, you dont have to have the best car/engine out there, a superbly set up car as mine is thanks to PKM - and perhaps some inspired driving.

It wasnt as 'rosie' for the kits boys. Dangerous dave was written out of the race by a car being 'over dirven' on lap 3 having fought his way up to 9th from 14th on the grid. Entirely the fault of the other guy; dave was a passenger (some how i can see it featuring in the this seasons 'crash' video). As for johnny weston-taylor; gearbox whoes meant he was unable to make the start of the race after proving his worth qualifying 9th in only his second race.

Great banter had by all. Despite the woes for some it was a well spirited pilgrimage (sp?) from the northern boys to brands. Great to see rob navin on top form.

Next meeting is 14th may @ donington; when i ll be revising for my finals, but others will be out.

See some of you guys at olivers for a beer.

Nick Lear wasn't too happy at being "rubbed" into the gravel  :down:  :down:  :arse:  :devil:  ;) .....................especially when Nick was called into the pit-lane for the re-start whilst the rubbing culprit was allowed back onto his original grid position  :(  :(  ;)

From what i saw nick collected brian and they both went off - not sure how nick became un stuck in first instance. However, had the punishment been the same for both parties i would have finished 3rd!

Apparently Nick got tapped from behind by Brian initially  :oops:  :oops:  :down: and as he went off both cars became entangled  :down:  :down:  :down: Brian was allowed to take his grid position on re-start and Nick was called into the pit-lane  :down:  :( CoC and stewards were subdued and somewhat sheepish when Nick asked why ???

Great weekend in the padock and a great drive from you Jamie

I hope that Dangerous can get the car back for Donnington !  

As For team Stanwood it got worse when JT threw it onn at the first corner on the first lap  ???  

Still it was worth it all for the beer fight with Steve and the great fun in the paddock.

See you all at Donnington.

Well done Jamie.I like the orange strip down the bonnet/nose cone along with those huuuugh wing mirrors! or are they doors!! :p

well done bud

Buzz

Well done Jamie, sounds like you had a stormer.... :t-up:

Sorry to hear about DD & JWT......... :(  :(  :(

Stopped it first time at first corner since two phoenix went into gravel......so had a restart. got this time a couple of laps in and leaving druids dangerous dave was going up in the inside on the exit and this quantum extreme thing turned his car accross the road having nailed the loud peddle whilst still on the grass - this casued his car to go 90 degrees across threfront of daves, no where to go. Another red flag, race now postponed till end of day; and ten ultimately declared a result, with the 2 V8's 1st and 2nd from andy hiley.

Daves car will straghten no problem, its just the body work (fibre glassing) that will take the time. PKM are good at straightening sylva chassis, as you know!

Great wright up on you in this weeks Motorsport News mate.

Cheapskate students......

Get you old man to buy you one :p:p

It was slightly longer than Paul Aspdens mention last week  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :D  :D