Bristol Run To Stoneleigh

MartT

Ok, short of weather forecast being cr*p for Sunday but excellent for Monday, I'm taking the Westie to Stoneleigh on the Sunday.

So far there will hopefully be at least 2 other Westies (Gav and Stan) plus a Lotus, Lancia and TVR.

(Glen ... definitely worth the trip if family commitments allow)

Plan is to meet at Michaelwood services on M5 at 9.15 (tbc) then M5 to Worcester (pitstop for cuppa and bacon sarnies) then A roads to Stoneleigh.

Return journey will be more direct. A roads all the way.

Any other takers?

Feel free to hijack thread for coordinating a Monday group.

Cheers

Martin

Mart T that sounds great A 'Bristol' run to stoneleigh. I like to see women running! will it be  in slow motion  :love:  :love:

bring the photos!!

Buzz

One just for you Buzz ...

All Drivers beware

I was recently robbed at a traffic light during an increasingly common scam!

This scam involves a young woman who proposes to wash your car windows while you wait at a red light. At the same time, an accomplice takes advantage of the distraction to open the back door and steal whatever’s available.

Be warned, they are very well organized!

It is recommended that you observe the following precautions:

1                 Don't leave your doors or windows open if you drive up to a red light

2                 If your windows do get washed, don't look at the women doing this, as they will try to divert your attention

3                  Do not feel any pity for them for being poor just by the state of their shoddy clothes – it’s all an act, as they are stealing a large amount of cash!

3664.jpeg

Please inform all your friends of this new scam.

They got Me twenty times already – today!

They also got me four times yesterday, four times on Tuesday and six times on Sunday

(I couldn't find the corner they were working on Monday).

:p:D

Ignoring weather my run to Stoneleigh is on Sunday.

Anyone travelling from the South West is welcome to join us and my folks are getting in the bacon sarnies in anticipation of a handful of noisey motors waking their little backwater! :D

If you are intending on being at the pitstop, please can you drop me a line (post here, PM or email) so that I have an idea of numbers. There's room for about 10 - 12 cars at my folks, so space for another 4 or so.

piccie from last year...

1296.jpeg

Alternatively, join us at Michaelwood (M5 just north of M4 interchange) then leave M5 at (say) Tewkesbury and take A46. I think that would take you almost to the gates of Stoneleigh.

don't forget your waterproofs! :angry::D

Martin,

Where and what time you stopping in Worcester?  I live there and will join you if the weather's not reeaalllyy crap.  That's if it's OK, of course.

Stuart

Aim to be in Worcester (Fernhill Heath) at 10 ish. We'd come off at Worcester north so you could tag on there.

For anyone joining me...

... put my mobile in your phones ... 07789 956556. You could text me your name and number so that I have yours.

BTW Sunday weather looking a little better .. at the moment anyway!!

Cheers

Martin

Final plans for Sunday...

9am meet at Michael Wood services northbound M5 between J14 and J13.

9.15 leave services ... M5 to J6 Worcester North approx 10am

approx 45 miles

PITSTOP at a little cafe I know (thanks Mum & Dad)

10.30 back on the road ... across M5 J6 to to Spetchley then left onto A422 to Alcester.

then join A46 over M40 then follow signs to National Agricultural Centre aka Stoneleigh.

approx 40 miles

So far ... at Michael Wood ... 3 non Westies + Gav (if Westie passes the MOT:p  ) + Stan

joining us at the PITSTOP ... Stuart

Stan can you let me have a mobile number?

Cheers

Martin

Hi

I'm planning on coming up from Cornwall on Sunday (unfortunately have to work on Monday) so will have to return that afternoon. If acceptable I'll try to meet up with you all @ Michael Wood. Intend to come in Westie if weather reasonable but if forecast poor might come in tintop. Be nice to meeet Gavin again.

John Gathard

Hi Martin

A small town called Callington, in east Cornwall. I intend to bring Westie if weather appropriate. I don't like hoods, but don't want to get car wet inside 'cause of carpets on tunnel etc.

I want to see Jill Judd, and find out if the bits she is making for SV Caterhams can be modded to suit my car. I'm on USA trip, and Westfield luggage provision is even worse than in my previous car (Caterham).

John G

Don't worry about using the roof. If it's pi##ing down, mine will be on. Anyway BBCi this morning suggested reasonable weather in the midlands for the weekend :cool:

Martin