sva

pinto pete

Well done! Feels good doesn't it?

Not sure how long the number takes as I had a pre-bought personalised number so it would have been different for me.

Well done, the world needs more recycled pintos.

You should get your reg no the same day depending on your local DVLA, although I arrived at 5.30 and had to wait until the next day for mine.

i've got a v627/1 and a v55/5 which i'm looking at today.

i don't have a receipt for my gear box, does this mater ?

it was second hand from a breakers.

I only had receipts for the new bits (westfield starter kit) and I had no problems. I did have the v5 for the donor car to assist with getting an age related plate.

Get a V5 from any old Sierra. Claim anything without a serial number came from that car. You need 3 major parts to get an age related plate. If necessary you may need to update the V5 with the engine number from your Westfield. My DVLA allowed me to do this as part of the registering but they said they were "doing me a favour" and strictly speaking, I should have updated the V5 before applying. If necessary you may have to show them your tits.

Also, make sure you have the Westifield invoice with you with the chassis number written on it. They require proof that the chassis is brand new.

My tax arrived by post the following morning. For some strange reason they had registered the car with an age related plate but not the one on the V5 I had attached with the application ???

ok filled out all the forms.

got m.o.t tomorow.

just waiting for a phone call from dvla inspector.

they want to inspect it and i was told i can't have a reg without buying tax at the same time ???

After SVA I had a few days to wait for the DVLA (in Brum) to arrange the  inspection and then about a week to get my plates.

Well done that man, bet it was a relief  :D

Well done and welcome to the ranks of unburstable boat anchors. Real mens motors  :D  :D  :D (apart from the dodgy oil pressure, which we don't discuss)  :arse: