Colectio Vehicle

SDS

Collecting modules 1-3 excluding bodywork from the factory soon any advice on the sort of vehicle I should be using or any other tips. Thanks :)  :)

A long wheel base Sprinter is what a lot of people have used, (I think); personally I hired a Luton bodied van with a tail lift. It was much bigger than absolutely necessary, I could have almost got another chassis in alongside mine! But being able to wheel all the very heavy boxes straight in and out on a trolley made the job much more straightforward. My back certainly thanked me for it!  :D

SDS

I used a long wheelbase sprinter for the 3 modules minus bodywork.  Plenty of room but an engine hoist a must to get the engine out.  

Enjoy the build.

TED :D:D

I went overboard (picked up all modules at once) and hired a 7.5 tonne with power tailgate from a local company.

Was ideal as everything went in so easily, and it was much easier getting the engine/gearbox out at home!

an engine hoist a must to get the engine out.  

Not if you have a BEC...  :D

or a V8  ;)

we used a lwb high top sprinter, loads of room  :t-up:

I used a luton transit with tail lift. Everything fitted in OK, I collected everything but the bodywork picking that up on Saturday :t-up:

I managed to get all 6 modules in a medium wheel base sprinter after the hire company gave me the wrong van! even had to fill the cab with parts. The hoist definitely a must though, i didnt bother and it took four of us to lift my zetec, i ve bought a hoist now though, well worth having.

Good luck with the build

Jack