The SVA form.

MAT1800

Can anyone out there, perhaps another Madness builder advise me on the following questions for the SVA request form.

The car is a madness kit, with a 1.8L zetec (standard) with standard injection and MBE ECU.

Q13. Max Design Road Speed. mph

Max Power Engine speed. RPM

Q15. Design Weight.

Axle 1, Axle 2, Gross, Train

Oh and any other pointers about further paper work etc I might need, always welcome. :D

Max speed is determined by your tyres, I put 120mph.

Max power engine speed is to do with the noise test so the lower the better. I said 5200 rpm so the test was carried out at about 3500 rpm (2/3 max power).

Design weights should be on your vin plate.

You will also need proof of engine age for SVA, you may also want to take the paperwork for registration along too and kill two birds with one stone.

You will need:

photocard driving license (proof of id)

insurance certificate

MoT certificate - double check with local DVLA office as sometimes they don't care especially if it is all new parts.

MAC certificate

completed V627/1 - can fill in on the day

completed V55/5 - can fill in on the day

cheque book

HTH

Stevo

The max vehicle speed you will find is down to the speedo NOT your tyres. When I took my Westy for its SVA, the tyres are rated to over 145mph but my speedo only went to 125mph. AND guessed what it FAILED. So had to fit a higher resding speedo. As I couldnot resubmit the paper work...

So you only need to right down the max speed reading on the Speedo.

Hope this is of some help

Absolutely!!

Cheers Ken, although I guess it's 50/50, it would be nice to pass first time.

And I certainly don't want to be buying a new speedo.

Hi ya, Dan...

Did I say it was ready? :D

Well it's almost there, I recon it should be by the end of the month though, and then perhaps if it passes I can take it down to Stoneleigh. I want to get it sorted before mid-may when things get silly at work.

Yep I'll be about at weekend, probably putting the carpets in and the seats (for the last time). And the few other bits and pieces.

I need to go and do some work at my mum place on Sunday afternoon  :(  But apart from that I should be in the garage.

How's yours going? get the headlights sorted yet?

The max speed is to do with tyre rating.  I was told this by the examiner at Llantrisant.

I presume then that as long as the tyres are rated above what I state and that isn't above what the speedo will show then it should all OK?

Mat

1800 Zetec Madness kit

Maximum design road speed: 115mph

Maximum power engine speed: 5250rpm

Design weights: Axle 1 425kg, Axle 2 500kg, Axle 3 -blank-,

Gross 900kg, Train -blank-

HTH

You will also need proof of engine age for SVA, you may also want to take the paperwork for registration along too and kill two birds with one stone.

Engine is new so proof of age not required, also won't be able to register on the day as Westfield can't issue the certificate of newness until you have passed the SVA ( I think they need some info off the paperwork you get when it passes)

John.

Engine is new so proof of age not required, also won't be able to register on the day as Westfield can't issue the certificate of newness until you have passed the SVA ( I think they need some info off the paperwork you get when it passes)

John.

Will I not need proof that the engine is new then??

Thanks again Flappa.

The headlights are hitting the cycle wings because of the ride height. It is currently at about 12mm and it should be at 16mm-16.5mm. That is why I was asking if you were about, could I borrow your c-spanner on Saturday? I didn't get one with my kit.

Apart from this it is near enough there.

Dan

The headlights are hitting the cycle wings because of the ride height. It is currently at about 12mm and it should be at 16mm-16.5mm. That is why I was asking if you were about, could I borrow your c-spanner on Saturday? I didn't get one with my kit.

Apart from this it is near enough there.

Dan

Of course you can Dan, just send us a txt when you're on your way.