VX wiring loom

nathanD

Hello everyone

i recently purchased both the engine and car wiring looms, however im planning on running a 2.0 XE vauxhall engine and when i placed the order westfield told me that they no longer make the vauxhall one but a CVH loom is basicaly the same. Has anyone out there fitted a CVH loom to a vauxhall engine? does anyone have any hints or tips before i make a start in the near future?

My mate fitted a CVH loom to his, no problems to speak of really, the odd terminal to change, etc IIRC. The only real issue I can think of is deciding where you are going to fit your alternator. If you go for the original VX side, you will need to mod the loom slightly, as the CVH one is geared up to fit it on the opposite side IIRC.

:t-up:

my car used to have cvh engine, had no problems with loom when changing to xe power :D

Yep, they supplied me with the CVH loom for my VX. I've got the alternator on the exhaust side, so I had to shorten the cables which originally went to the offside, and change the plug for eyes.  IIRC I also needed to extend the oil pressure sensor wire, which originally went to the nearside of the block, round to the offside front. And I think that was it.

NathanD,

I fitted a new CVH loom when fitting a 2.0 Vx engine last year.  There were no real problems, but a few minor issues.  Like Gadgetman I also had to mod the loom to fit the alternator on the exhaust side, by shortening the wires and changing the plug for terminals, but no real issue.  I also found that the side repeaters were wired A*** about face - but not until I had fitted the loom - so I had to unfit and refit these (the factory told me this was often the case because it depended on which way round the engine bay you installed it - I never quite figured out how this could be the case but that could just be my techno-fear! ) but again no great hardship.  Finally, I found the wiring into the multi-blocks for the VDO oil pressure and water temperature gauges to be the wrong way round.  Again a simple fix but caused some head-scratching.  All in all, much easier than I expected.  Finally, the Vx oil pressure sensor didn't work with my VDO gauges and I had to order a VDO one for about £15.

Andy

yep same here..and the same minor problems as andy and gadgetman..but again nothing too much to worry about.

darren  :D

Westfield supplied me with a pinto loom. The only wires to move was the oil light wire, the wire which went to the distributor. As others ahve said the first thing to decide is where you will fit the alternator, if you run it in the standard position the wires on the pinto loom will be in the right place, if you want it on the nearside you will need to move those wires as well.

Jeff