bike engine westfields help

wacomuk

iv seen a meggabird up for sale for £10995 2001 2,800 miles, . 100% built by Westfield. Westfield service history. is this a good price ?

is there any disadvantages in having a bike engine westfield ?

do the bike engined westys hold there value ?

thanks for any info

it's an ok price given the condition it looks in.

however, if you are after a track car, it will need a dry sump (cost £1k) and you will probably want to lose that great big air brake called a windscreen  :D

if you want a road car, then haggle the a little and you have a nice car I reckon... but then I am a little biased (see link in signature).

if you've not tried a bike-engined car, try to do so, it's not everyones cup of tea.

moomin

ill be using it as a road car mostly with a few track days thrown in

im out in my car monday if you want a passenger ride blade engine and live in westhoughton give me a ring on 07976613003 it will be before dinner for a few hrs:0

is there any disadvantages in having a bike engine westfield ?

do the bike engined westys hold there value ?

Ive had both 16v vaux and bike engined , my zx12  powered is a bit harsh and harder work to drive but the rewards are there once you get the hang of it , you need to get used to  slipping the clutch and keeping the revs at the top end of the rev counter to get the most out of the engine! if at all possible get a good ride out in one before you buy..as its been said they are not everyones thing..

on the plus side is the engine note,  performance, fuel economy and cheap road tax!

down side could be long term reliability? the engines have to work a lot harder... i dont know of any high mileage bike/cars , but to be fair on my travels have seen plenty of ex-police honda blackbirds with 60,000 miles plus and still going very strong!

values ....i think depends on the car and finish. feel pretty sure once the sun pops out the prices are only going one way!

may have a 52 reg blade engined westy comin up for sale..details will be on my website if u interested...link on my signiture.

:)  :)