1800 MUDULE

SDS

I'm thinking of buying a Sport 1800 module kit and wonder if there is anyone who has built the same car in module form and if so can they offer any advice etc

Yep loads of folks have done it ............................ check out Steppenwolfs website - search for his posts and follow his sig strip  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)

a veritable plethora of Zetec build information  :D  :D  :D

I would suggest as a newbie to get along and talk to other club members and builders at a local meet and think of joining the club sooner than later  :D  :D  :D  :D .......................................... but I don't wanna sound pushy of the WSCC  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Please see smiley's before taking offence  :D

Mark,

Sorry mate, not enough smilies in that post - you are gonna have to up your word/smilie ratio if you don't want to drive people away ..... :(

SDS,

I'm just (still) getting towards the end of a 1800 zetec build, it taken me about 2 years, but that has not been on a regular basis. I've found it great fun. OF course you should join the club! :suspect:  I didn't at first until I ran into some minor problems...and I now realise I should have done at the begining, there's always plenty of help avaliable online, also going along to the meets is not only a fun night, but also  a great chance to see how other people have tackled certain problems and it reminds you why your spending more and more time in the garage ???

The build is fairly straight forward, and I'm a complete novice  :durr:  Westfield are always very helpful, and can explain methods in a manner to suit all levels of experience.

And personally I feel driving a car you've built yourself is really.... scarey...I mean satisfying :)  

If you have any more specific questions about the build just post them up.

SDS,

I am currently about half way through a Sport 1800 build. My previous mechanical experience was non existent but things seem to be going together ok so far.  Make sure you have the Westfield Parts and Technical phone numbers on your speed dial as you will need them.  The manual is very frustrating because there have been several changes made to the design of the car but the manual has not been updated (although apparently there is an update in the pipeline) hence the need for the technical help-line number.  Although the parts were picked using a picking list and all these parts were included, the aforementioned design changes have meant that some items now needed were not included.  Despite these minor annoyances so far the build has been enjoyable, everyone at Westfield has been extremely helpful and I am sure that all negative thoughts will dispel with the first successful turn of the ignition key.  This is an excellent forum for getting advice and useful tips so join the club asap.

Enjoy your build, you now it makes sense.

TED

:):):)