Another new member

PaulSpurgeon

Hi, thought it was about time I put a post on here to introduce myself. I have been building my westfield for a few months, although progress is fairly slow, and I decided it was about time I joined up, so here I am. I have been a regular visitor to the boardroom but mainly to search for the many answers to question that arise as the build gets underway.

The only member I have met is Mud who kindly gave me some build stands about a year ago and they are now coming in very useful. The site is really good and I've spend quite a bit of time reading and following various posts. Hopefully I should now take part in some and get to know more of the club members.

Paul

Welcome aboard. I'm sure as you meet more of us, you'll wonder what the hell you've let yourself in for ;)

What you building?

Andy

Hi Andy

I'm building an SDV with Zetec 1800 130 engine using standard fuel injection and type 9 box from the doner car.

Paul

That'll soon change :)

Welcome again. Where are you?

Andy

Yes that may change Andy, but I have to watch the budget, so the plan is to build it first and modify later. I live in Wymondham, Norfolk and there does not seem to be a great deal of activety on here from members in this area, although I could be wrong!

paul

The only member I have met is Mud who kindly gave me some build stands about a year ago and they are now coming in very useful.

see everyone i can be nice AS LONG AS THEY ARE MEMBERS !! :p  :D

p.s. that was some round trip you did picking those stands up , good luck with the build !

Yes thats right Mud I think I did about 360 miles that day. Still I had to drop the bits off at westfield so gave me the chance to do that. I have noticed that you must now be on the road now and hope all is going well.

Its been a bit of a delayed start with mine as I had to get the garage finished first so the chassis was stored in my hall for some months! Luckily the wife is very undersatnding!!

Have you contacted the AO for Norfolk?

Andy

No not yet, I think its Jed Southwood and I have his number so will give him a call sometime. I'm not sure what format the meets take in this area?

Paul

I'm in Swindon (a fair trek from Norfolk ;))

Andy

TheMarshal, Jed and his crew have met with us from the Cambridge area before, they had a fair few cars out, and in total we had about 20.

The cambridge lot often take a blat up to Hunstanton (actually going this Sunday, and then on to Holkham hall), or up towards Norfolk, so plenty of us arround.

Good luck with the build, and just shout if you need help with things, a lot of us owe it back to the club after our winter modifications.

MArk

Thanks for the offer Mark I'm sure I'll be in touch soon! Enjoy your blat up to Norfolk and hopefully the weather will hold out. I'm at snetterton on Sunday doing my fire marshal bit so won't be able to look out for you this time.

Paul

Welcome aboard Paul  :D  :D

The only member I have met is Mud
never mind  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D you'll recover soon  :D  :D  :devil: He's the unofficial WSCC membership persuader  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D