Lesson in searching please

a4gom

I can't find anything! :angry:

Todays example, I have a question about best List 1A tyres and thought it best to search before posting so I don't get a knacking. :devil:

:(  millions of results to wade through (as expected, I have read loads before) but I've been through first five and none even mention list 1A???

Am I doing something wrong?

My search results here. Just had a quick skim read through, and there seems to be some relevant info.

With searches, some lateral thinking is often required. Rather than ask the engine for 'tyres' or 'list 1a', on this occasion I simply plugged in '1a'. That way, you won't get loads of general musings over tyres, instaed they will hopefully be more specific.

Also, the kind of discussion you are looking for is unlikely to be found in 'Parts for sale' for example. So narrow the field down a bit by selecting the forums you expect this type of discussion to be in. For this search I picked Newbies, Techie Talk, and Speed Series/Hillclimbing.

HTH Stu.    :t-up:

With searches, some lateral thinking is often required. Rather than ask the engine for 'tyres' or 'list 1a', on this occasion I simply plugged in '1a'. That way, you won't get loads of general musings over tyres, instaed they will hopefully be more specific.

Don't forget you can combine words.

tyres AND list AND 1a

Would have been my choice.

Andy