Carb Connections!

nigelh

Did an initial trial fit of twin 40 DHLA's onto my pinto manifold thinking this would be straight forward and a good moral booster. Er...no!

Throttle linkage between carbs is too short. Do I bodge up an extension or buy another kit? (if there is such a thing)

Cable linkage kit I got with the carbs is for twin cables. Is this the best way to go or should I use a single cable for simplicity?What mods are required to pedal for twin cables?

What is the best way of piping the fuel from one carb to the other bearing in mind the bracket for throttle linkage prevents a straight run.   ???

Throttle linkage between carbs is too short. Do I bodge up an extension or buy another kit? (if there is such a thing)

If you mean the arm on the carb doesn't reach the slot it's supposed to go into on the other carb, I tweaked mine by bending them both a little bit...

Cable linkage kit I got with the carbs is for twin cables. Is this the best way to go or should I use a single cable for simplicity?What mods are required to pedal for twin cables?

I use a single cable and carry a spare usually...

What is the best way of piping the fuel from one carb to the other bearing in mind the bracket for throttle linkage prevents a straight run.

I'd like to see a picture of this. I haven't seen a throttle linkage that gets in the way of the fuel pipe run. Having said that, you can rotate the 90 degree elbows (if you have them) a little if you have clearance issues. Just tip them out the way of the throttle linkage before nipping them up...

What is the best way of piping the fuel from one carb to the other bearing

This will depend to a cetain extent on the fittings you have got.  If both carbs have a single pipe, you could use an F shaped adaptor like Lotus used on the Excel.  The main feed from the pressure regulator goes to the bottom of the F.  A pipe from each arm feeds the carbs.  If you have banjo fittings, one of them could(should)  be a T piece. The pipe between the carbs just has to loop around, out of the way of the linkage.  On my car, the fuel pipes obstruct the choke mechanism, but I don't need that to work so no great loss.

This rather poor photo shows how it is arranged on my car

1114.jpeg

It doesn't look terribly neat but it works.  Fuel supply from regulator is to the left hand carb.

And if the balance bar is too short to reach the part of the throttle aseembly on the other carb, even with bending, spares are usually available. (It's probably just been cut down to fit a different installation.

(Do a search for Webcon if you need to order any Weber spares)

:D Thanks fellers,

will try to find a different linkage for between the carbs.

Any SVA issues with fuel pipe routing I should know about?

Pretty similar set up but may help, sorry its a bigish picture IMGP0129.jpg

I'm putting a second cable on mine, just haven't got round to it yet, the block on the pedal is drilled ready for one.

:D