Unbelievable

hilux

Puts a different spin on 'neighbourhood watch' doesn't it.  :0

Back to the car chases in town issue; a colleague of mine recently had his m/c stolen from in front of his office in Bristol.  The cctv quality was sufficiently good (sic) to show that the thieves, who had turned up on a scooter, were not wearing crash helmets.  Turns out that the police have been instructed not to chase crims on bikes if they are not wearing crash helmets, too dangerous you see...

So if you have a m/c; remove your no. plates and ride as fast as you like - just don't wear a crash helmet.  No speed camera photos, and no one will chase you  :t-up:

I hate to sound cold and callous, and maybe being detached from all this I can take that luxury, but quite frankly all I could think of was good riddance....

If they were entirely innocent them I'm a monkey's uncle !!

I do, however, think the police should be able to use more force to stop pursuits.  So what if a few of the "runners" get injured - serves them right for running...

'incident' a few miles away from us a few months ago.

plod tries to pull a car, it speeds off with plod in chase.

goes round a dodgy bend, crashes and kills one of the passengers.

passenger killed has not long got out of YOI for street robbery, in other words mugging defencless old people/kids. his mum bleats on 'he got into trouble, but that was just him'.

the yocals then, as a form of protest, about 20-30 of them decide to start throwing stones, bricks etc at passing motorists. F###ING in bread retards.

do they retalliate against the driver of the car that crashed ? do they like S##te.

its shakey ground really, does plod slow down/call off a chase if it heads towards busy areas ? then again would the offending driver slow down also ? my A*** he would !

in my personal opinion if a car chase is heading for any busy/populated are the police should be allowed to do pretty much anyhting to sop the offending car.

I just don't agree. it would be complete stupidity to let a couple of cars weighing in the region of a tonne a piece to herttle thro' a busy city centre at excess speeds, crazy, let the nobs go and drop back with police car and track with  the Helicopter..This nearly always reduces the speed.The last thing I want to see while I'm walking my god daugther round the city centre is  a couple of cars screaming passed @60+mph. All it takes is a loss of control and splatter total disaster,the numpty in Notts city centre was averaging speeds of 95mph!! For F**k sake. They were lucky they only killed them selves and not wearing seat belts... well say no more

This is the policy of West Yorkshire Police when any high speed persuit takes towards Leeds city centre they then carry on the persuit from the air get a general idea where they are going then set a 'snare net' i.e cars within the vicinity following and ready to pounce when its safe to do so,and still have the police car tracking from behind @ a safe distance.

One good thing with the High Speed police persuits in Leeds they don't last long

The main thing is if you have blue flashing Police lights behind you.YOU STOP!. If you don't then you've obviously have a reason for not wanting to talk to the boys in blue.

Buzz :angry: Just my opinion

I always think that if somebody tries outrunning the police they have more to hide than their tax is few days out of date.

The good news is that nobody else was hurt.

As for the 'Red Traffic Lights Theory'..............Do you really think they would have stopped.

David

Lets just say for instance if a very similar incident had occurred where one of the occupants was actually wanted for murder....oh or supposing the two had stolen a very similar car at gun point earlier that evening........and on a final point supposing a gun was thrown from a similar fleeing car, how would that look

Above is what actually happened (allegedly) cos they died and nothing gained by police making a point (allegedly)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why the copper got a result and police were bollocked for the chase but they didnt want to upset the parents (allegedly)

The police will very likely have chosen not to release any 'intelligence' to the public domain because these individuals were 'known' and had 'associates'

Investigation of car thieves invariably shows a history of petty crime from a very young age.

In Saudi Arabia there is very little petty crime and almost no car theft, its hard to drive a car when you've got no hands   ;)  ;)

ALL disorder/nuisance/vandalism could be stopped tomorrow if we and our elected leaders were prepared to take appropriate action.

I had an old Astra nicked once  :(  :(  the guy caused £1100.00 quids worth of damage  :angry:  :angry:  :(  and the coppers caught him in Brum City Centre using my re-plated car with him and an accomplice trying to nick an Audi  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

He went to court and was fined £300.00 - Copper said to me that 90% of the crime dealt with at his base in city centre was car theft related in some way  :(  :(  :(  :angry:  :angry:

Most of the crims were re-offenders all with long records who stole standard family type cars that can be flogged off for a grand or two without much suspicion by purchasers  :(  :(  Most they ever seem to get done by the courts is a suspended or fine which by nicking another car pays for it  :(  :(  :)

My route to work yesterday (Lichfield to B'ham) was re-routed because at 04:00 police were chasing at least one car, which crashed head on into an innocent taxi driver at some S bends.

Link

Two dead including innocent taxi driver.

I bet that if the police had withdrawn from the chase, I wouldn't be writing this now.

Even looks like one of the police cars had to be trailered away.

IMO the police drive far too fast, too many times. It is about time they did some risk assessments under the Health and Safety at Work Act like the rest of have to do nowdays.  Anything with a real risk of serious injury or death cannot be undertaken as a result.

Also noted this morning that one of the 'Z' signs before the bend is almost totally obscured because the hedge hasn't been cut around it..

I am just glad that the traffic police relocated 18 months ago from Lichfield to Stafford, because they have no regard for traffic laws from my personnal experience....