Ordering starter kit

mark.anson

After many months of saving I will at long last have the money to order my kit at the beginning of January.

Being tighter than two coats of paint I want to try a negotiate some kind of deal with Westfield when I order.

I will be going to the Autosport show in Jan,and  Westfield will have a stand there as I understand.

Would I be better ordering my kit at the show,to try to take advantage of any "show deals" that are on offer,or waiting till my factory visit and ordering it then.I am hopeing to negotiate

free powder coating at least.What are Westfield like when it comes to cutting a deal.....or not as the case may be.

Any advice appreciated.

doubt very much if you'll get any discount on your kit, i didnt and i can haggle for England :t-up:

have had quite a few bits from them with VERY good discount. had about 25% off a few times, even if its been a small spend or a few grand.

just tell them if they dont do you a good price you'll go elsewhere for parts.

Just make sure you know what you are buying and what you get for your money, getting this right could exceed any small discount that can be negotiated at the buy stage.

Stuart

I bought my starter kit at the Donnington show a couple of years ago and got a special price on some bits (ally front uprights I think) and then 10% off the total bill.  There were also some bits I didn't need, e.g. gearbox extension which they gave a good allowance on.  Since then I've bought quite a lot of parts at 10% to 25% off.  you just have to catch them at the right time and buy when there's a deal on rather than when you're desperate.

Good Luck

Simon