Bike engine help, can't get a spark

Jan Coombes

I know I have already posted in the tech section, but I need ideas.

Basicly everything on the car works but I ust don't get a spark to the plugs.

I have moved some bits but it was tested and run OK a few weeks ago.

I have 2 engines, so it must be something simple.

I have fuel going to the engine.

they turn over OK.

I only have untill Sunday to get this going, everything else on the car is done and ready to go.

I even have the number stickers on ready.

Assume there's power to the coil(s), I don't know if Kwaker's have 1 or 2.

If there is power to the coil(s) then my first point of call would be what Honda call the Ignition Pulse Generator on there bikes, basically it's a crank position sensor... but bike manufacturers seem to enjoy renaming everything!

have you got a good spare battery to try it with the battery may show 12v but may not have the cranking power.are the leads earthing on anything metal  are the plugs good most bikers i know wouldnt clean the plugs up they would replace them.is there a fuse on the coilpacks like on my blade 30 amp

Theres nothing wrong/broken with it - it's just crap advice from ZCars (as bl**** usual) - I've posted the solution as I recall it in the techy section..

Tim thanks very much for your help, I'm going up to the GF tonight so I'll give it a try.

I have been reading my Haynes book too so I can test some bits if it fails to start.

God I hope it does.......

(fingers crossed)

No problem - good luck. :)

This definitely worked in the past (and before I posted it on here it made quite a good anti-theft thing ;) ) - if it doesn't do the trick now it could be related to your immobiliser install?