MIRA regs not in post- don't want to miss out

lewey

The regs for Knockhill are normally available from Graham at the Croft weekend before they are posted out.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Mark Stanton

• Rob Navin

• neilwillis

Top Posters In This Topic

Your last couple of posts suggest that you have only just registered for the Speed Series, can you confirm that you are a registered competitor ?

Thanks for your reply Nick, I registered in January and got my confirmation through very early feb, I just missed out on the first three regs it would seem.  Others do seem to be coming through the post.

This is all a steep learning curve for me, I can pick out the ones I want to go to, but registering for 9 events in advance is the best part of £1000.  I am on a budget having only had my car a short time and buying bits to make sure it is scruitineed OK.

Lewey,

Yep, you should be getting them through alright now. It's worth marking your calendar up now with the ones you want to do and then checking to see if anyone else has got the regs. It is a lot of money up-front, but seems to be the way the other clubs organise it, and if they can fill the venue I suppose "who can blame them".

Hope you got in to Mira, come and say hello if you did.

Best of luck with your first years sprinting.

PS Ignore the other daft b**gers who hijack your thread, they get bored and go away eventually  :D  :D  :D

Counts to 50 and waits for response.

Coat time now, got a car to put back together  :D  :D  :D

Thommo  ???  ???  ??? I was referring to those not registered at the actual time of that posting ;);)

here's some food for thought on events  ;)  ;)  ;)

Each event invites around 5 or 6 clubs which if like the WSCC can have in excess of 140 drivers thats some 700 to 800+ sets of regulations to copy, collate, put in envelope, put on label, put on stamp and put into post-box  ;)  ;)  ;) all of which is voluntary  ;)  :D  :D

The regs do arrive at differing times to suit how many volunteers can be rousted up from each club to help out  ;)  ;) it often comes down to just 1 or 2 individuals  ;)  ;)  :(  ;)  :D working from their dining room table

This is all a steep learning curve for me, I can pick out the ones I want to go to, but registering for 9 events in advance is the best part of £1000.

It is a lot of money up-front, but seems to be the way the other clubs organise it, and if they can fill the venue I suppose "who can blame them".

Some of them don't bank the cheques until the entry closing date (usually a few weeks before the event), so there is a little margin of error there, but it also takes careful accounting to make sure that you have enough cash at the time of banking, which can be several months after you posted the cheque!  It usually says somewhere in the event regs if the cheques will be held until closing date.

Some of them don't bank the cheques until the entry closing date (usually a few weeks before the event),

Edited to say...Artnoon Mrs W.

Yeh, & some of 'em do.....cheeky b*******s. My Cadwell cheque has been cashed already......mind you, I am in.....yes!!

Loton and Shelsley also seem to bank cheques quite early - and do not confirm an entry until a week or so before event  ;)  ;)  ;)  :down:  :down:  :down:

Just a thought a few of the "old hands" open a separate bank account from which they issue entries and the like so they can keep tabs on things + transfer funds as and when available / needed  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Anyone seen the regs for Jockhill yet???  If they are out

Mr Edden does quick impression of Mr Hawkins  :D  :D  :devil:

and the answer is No they aren't  :D But they have had a set of labels are you are included  :D  :D  :D  :D

Ouch :D

Ok Herr Chairman - get the picture.  Off to bed now. :p