• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

MOT Stations

Ian Podmore

I have just read that every MOT station will be linked by modem to a central computer within the next 12 months.

System will aparently provide tester with info on known weak spots of a particular model and age...., plus of course the emissions details if relevant.

You can ego back to  :zzz:  now.

Bye

yep.  stations with a bad record go online first, followed by the rest of them.  

There records will also contain what the car has failed on previously etc and contain reports on emissions

System will aparently provide tester with info on known weak spots of a particular model and age...., plus of course the emissions details if relevant.

I dont think even with emissions "done" on line that it will stop a certain MOT station that I know from testing an 18 year old sierra for emissions whilst the probe is up the a**e of the year old fiesta parked next to it :0  :0  :0

I kid you not :0  :0  :0

Brian.

• 4 weeks later...

How do you guys get your cars tested then?  My favourite MOT station doesn't have Westfield on their computer so they test my emmisions as a Mondeo (Zetec 2.0, '97' pre-cat) which of course it fails.  As long as they record what they have done they seem to think it is fine.  Desn't bother me, fastest MOT was this year - done in 12.5 minutes!!! I drive the car and operate everything.

I would imagine that unless you own your own MOT station I probably have the best deal.  They MOT all my capri's and my other halfs MX-5 and whenever there is something not right we test everything - I disappear for an hour and fix it - but when  I return and they give me my MOT but never re-test!!

Admitidly, when her MX-5 failed its emmisions they issued a MOT using a similar aged Fiesta but they knew that the next weekend I would be fitting a new cat - and I did, must remember to take it back sometime to check that was what was needed!!!

Unfortunatly the owner is getting old, maybe I could by the garage!!!!

Chris :)

My local mot man is proper :D

A rallycross nut of no bulls*** variety.

I operate all controls; v short mot (like he says.There aint much to test on a Westfield) and if anything  minor is "borderline" for a pass he accepts I'm gonna fixit; or even fixes it for free ;)