Which SVA Center

MAT1800

As my car nears completion and my thoughts turn to the SVA test, I was wondering what experiences members have had of the various SVA centers. I live closest to the Manchester center, but have heard that some centers are more Westfield friendly then others. So I was hoping for some feed back as to which cnters to avoid, (if any).

Cheers.

A bit further for you, but Nottingham was extremely good. Martin Bailey was the examiner and he was very understanding (especially around the emissions test which is the real problem area for Madness kits).

Another vote for Martin at the Nottingham test centre - top chap.

I hope he's reading this - I'm going back for my retest soon  :D  :D  :D

The test centre at Shrewsbury is excellent, went there with mud just before christmas, very fair & informative.  :t-up:

Second Shrewsbury.  Passed SVA there last year, friendly and fair.

Tester Mark (if I remember his name correctly) very helpful even though he hates kit cars.

:D  :D

Isn't Shrewsbury where the factory take their cars? If so, you would hope they'd know about Westfields :)

Andy

Southampton has had some real "issues" posted here and is one that folks note to avoid

Isn't Shrewsbury where the factory take their cars?

Yup, it is!

I had Mark Williams(Yes, the one mentioned in the build manual), who gracefully suspended his lunch as he waited for me to repair my car.

(He also pulled loose the inertia switch plug, which caused an immensely increased heart rate, but was kind enough to give me a hint when the car didn't start.) :p

now on my 2nd westfield and both past 1st time @ Manchester, just make sure its well presented on the day.

From speaking to one of the guy's @ Manchester test centre, he said that their first impression went away, if the car is presented in 'showroom' condition and they can see that youv'e put you heart & soul into the build then they are a little more helpful than if you go witha car thtas been 'Chucked' together.

Its also good if you make them think your a respectable owner / driver and not some boy racer only interested in gooning it around at full whack all the time.

there are loads of us around the Manchester area, and a good few around the cheadle area, it would be a good idea to have someone who's been through SVA do a pre-inspection for you

Glen

"good few around the cheadle area, it would be a good idea to have someone who's been through SVA do a pre-inspection for you"

What a great idea Glen! :)

I'm full of them, heres another two :p

Join the club ;)  ;)

turn up at the next manchester meeting and meet the crew ;)  ;)  you'll be made very welcome and i'm sure a few of us will gladly assist.

Glen

P.S  You can still attend the meeting whilst your membership is progressing :D

"good few around the cheadle area, it would be a good idea to have someone who's been through SVA do a pre-inspection for you"

Cheers Glen, That sounds like a great idea to me too! :-)

I'll hopefully be starting it up for the first time over easter break, so the SVA is not immeadiate.

But I'll certainly welcome your advice at some point, thanx for the offer!

BTW, I have joined and infact went to the last manchester meet, good evening, lots of people there, I guess we didn't meet although I could be wrong so many new faces and so much information in one night!