Cambridge people only

CrashBangWallop

Took the flywheel to the engineering shop.  Guy said he couldn't do it because the dowels don't line up with the clutch cover.  Durrrrrr!!! Isn't that what I told him needed doing?  I think so!

Cambs rebores are like that..... :bangshead:

If your still stuck for chains a couple of old seatbelts are ideal - i've seen an entire sierra suspended by a single one whilst it was bounced up and down to shake the engine out :0

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrashBangWallop

• scruffythefirst

• chazpowerslide

• langy

It WAS the owner I spoke to on the phone.  Strange... when I met him this afternoon he was effing and blinding like the best of them.  Obligatory topless calender in the workshop - proper smell of grease and oil :D

YAY!!! :D:D

Phoned Cambridge Rebores just now.  They are busy doing my flywheel.  Re-face and all the bolt holes re-done - 78 quid +VAT.  So, about 100 squids.  Pick my spangley turbo up tonight and, hopefully, my new clutch and swirl-pot should be waiting for me when I get in :D

Today is a happy day :D

Neil

Neil

Neil, can I come and watch the first time you light it....err I mean start it up?

I still think that's a few weeks off yet.  However, things are looking up again.  The turbo is in very good condition.  The guy who sold it to me was a little reluctant to have it go at the price he offered.  Too late now :D

One half of the turbo weighs as much as my whole exhaust did!  What I'll gain in hp, I'll lose in extra weight ???

Neil