tyre pressures

speedy jon

Somewhere around 18 to 20  :D

Who knows? Tyre pressures can have a *big* effect on how the car handles, so find out for yourselves. Ones mans meat is another mans poison...

Start from 20psi all round and see if you like it. If you don't like it, decide what it is you don't like, and make changes to compensate. Adjust one end at a time, and make adjustments in 2psi increments so that it's reasonably easy to feel any changes. If you don't like the change, go back to where you were (20psi all round) and try something else. Try to resist the urge to adjust anything else at the same time, 'cos then you won't know what effect the changes had. IE, if you're fiddling with tyre pressures, leaves the shocks and ride height (and ARB's if you have them) alone.

As a general rule, if you want more grip, you soften, if you want less grip, you stiffen. And remember, to get good balance it's sometimes easier to make one end grip a bit less so that the car is more predictable and balanced (that word again) than to just assume you can keep finding more grip all the time...

And FWIW, on my road car with 195-50-15 Yoko A520's (simialr to A539's and Toyo T1R's and T1s', for the sake of this discussion) I run at 22psi all round...

I run 15psi front and 16psi rear, on 205/50/15 Toyo T1-s tyres, works for me, gives good grip and decent ride.  :)