Chassis stands

Pingu

Help!

I need to know the width of a wide bodied chassis at the points front and rear where the chassis is supported by stands during construction. Also the distance between them along the length of the car.  I am building a trolley so I can move it around as space is limited.  Also if you have any do's and don'ts I'd be happy to receive them.

Thanks in advance, P.

chassis.jpg

Morning Pingu

Measurements are 80cm front width  , 120cm rear width and about180 cm apart front to back. Or you could do what i did and, build it on an old Hospital bed. Give your local Hospital a ring and speak to the estates dept , they are bound to have a couple kicking around in their scrap compound.

Happy building. :p

SK

Don't wheel out your new trolley complete with partly assembled car on your tarmac drive.

Coz it sinks into the tarmac and leaves four nicely wheel shape dents in your drive.

And your mrs goes ballistic and threatens to place said car in an unmentionable place!!

Thanks for the advice guys.  I don't want to upset her indoors!

I might need the hospital bed if I do....

Thanks

P.

Heres the stand I made from 40mm box section. Made to same dimentions as the ones in the factory.£40.00 for the steel, £10 for the castors from a car boot sale, and an evening of my time. Worth it considering the factory want £50 odd quid for a pair of 1" box section tressles.

3259.jpeg

IMHO stands with wheels will be  ???

Given the pushing on the drill I've been next door but three if it'd been on wheels ???  ???

Kerry S

Hi Jak, collecting my kit on 19th March (eek).

Mark - that looks remarkably like my fag packet sketch!  I paid £33 for the steel and £14 for the castors.  Got a bit side tracked as I thought I'd weld up a nice workbench whilst I was at it....I decided not to pay £50 for the stands too as I'm building in a single garage and want to move it side to side to make maximum use of the space as I'm working on it.

What are your dimensions? (the trolley!;) I'm looking at my platform to be around 0.8m off the ground but I'm worried that might be either too high or low.

P.

going to the factory on Saturday to pick some bits up for mine and order the body, might see you there :t-up:

John

PS I'm building mine in a single garage, no problems, although the seats, exhaust and dials are in the conservatory at the moment :D

What are your dimensions? (the trolley!;) I'm looking at my platform to be around 0.8m off the ground but I'm worried that might be either too high or low.

Ill measure it next time im in the garage pingu. Or give the factory a ring and ask them to measure it. I got the measure ments for mine when I did a factory visit.

Make sure the castors are of the locking variety so ot doesnt bog off across the garage every time you lean on the car.

Mark