new wheels?

JeffC

had the debate on 17" wheels last week  and have taken the advice given and steered away from bigger ! ignoring the advice on going smaller  dont fancy 13"" have  decided to stay with a 15" rim im currently on a 15" oz superleggars and fancy a change , have 4 recentley fitted bridgestone so3 205 50 tyres fitted is a deciding factor to stay on 15"s...

question is..... where is the cheapest place to get a decent set of 15" minilite rims and at what price will i expect to pay?

also any idea on weight on 15" ?  been informed these oz wheels  are 4.5kg each?

thanks in anticipation of any replies...

AFAIK, the Superleggerras are the lightest 15" rim you can get before thinking about a set of split rims. So if you want something lighter, then you're going to have to spend money. If you just *want* a set of genuine Minilites, you may struggle to find them in 15" size. New ones in magnesium (the *only* reason to buy genuine Minilites, IMO) will cost a fortune, and second hand ones will need careful consdieration as I believe they can weaken with age. Minilite replicas are around, my choice would be to go for K&N Minators. IIRC, you can buy direct from K&N so supply shouldn't be a problem...

The Superlegs will be the lightest 15" wheels you can get, unless you fork out A LOT of money, or get smaller wheels. They are extremely light, and for their size amazingly so...

weight of wheel  not a big issue really but dont want something obese!!

was more the look thing really?

any links to any bargains???

Fair enough. Try Googling for K&N.

Compomotive also make a Minilite look-a-like, but if my 13's are anything to go by, the 15's will weigh much too much...

Quotes from OZ webby...........

A Superleggera monobloc 7" x 15” wheel weighs only 4.9 kg with benefits for your comfort (springs and suspension work better and last longer).

The O·Z Superleggera is the most lightweight wheel present on the market (up to 40% lighter than the competition) and derives directly from the ones designed for Formula 1

I just got a set of OZ super leggeras of ebay. They are away getting powder coated black. But even from the trial fit they are so much lighter than my Team Dynamic Monza, both have Toyo Proxes fitted. I was in fact shocked at just how much lighter they are. When I get them back this week I'll post the difference in weights.

My Monza'a were 16.8kg. I suspect these will be 2.5kg lighter each.

I just got a set of OZ super leggeras of ebay. They are away getting powder coated black. But even from the trial fit they are so much lighter than my Team Dynamic Monza, both have Toyo Proxes fitted. I was in fact shocked at just how much lighter they are. When I get them back this week I'll post the difference in weights.

thought about getting these done black? mine is an unusual colour so unsure what it would look like maybe a bit "heavy" yellows+ oranges   look mint!

can any one cut and paste a picture of what my car would look like with minilites on if i sent a picture to you ???? im hopeless on a computer!!! might be cheaper than buying a set and deciding i prefered the oz rims!!!

if so someone send me a email addy to reply to  and i will forward a side pic?

15" Supperleggera's with 205/15/50 Toyo Ts1 weigh 14kg each, this is with new / full tread tyres.

can any one cut and paste a picture of what my car would look like with minilites on if i sent a picture to you ???? im hopeless on a computer!!! might be cheaper than buying a set and deciding i prefered the oz rims!!!

Hi westyzx12,

No probs with the cut and pasting, if you mial me the pic of the car and wheels, I'll do it asap.

[

No probs with the cut and pasting, if you mial me the pic of the car and wheels, I'll do it asap.

think ive sent u a mail!

Westyzx12 U have PM. I'll take the  15" Supperleggera's off you as and when you get the new wheels PM sent yesterday

\Buzz