West Wales Meeting

Pembroke Pat

Well after the success of the south wales first group, I thought we should try a west wales group.  Now I know there aren't many west wales members ( Swansea and further west) but I think that if we can attract the odd cateringvan, dax, robin hood etc then we could have a viable number. :D

If people could suggest a location then we can agree a first meet.  I suggest somewhere like a village pub around Carmarthen.( i.e. not too far from Swansea, Llanelli, Carmarthen, Haverfordwest or Pembroke.)

I am happy to act as AO to get the group going ( or not).  In any case I see us working closely with the South Wales (Cardiff, newport etc) group to co organise events.

Pat,

If you can make it a weekend I'll be there, during the week is impossible for me.What about the "Halfway" just outside Cothi Bridge, between Carmarthen and Llandeilo, large carpark etc.

Peter.

Cothi Bridge sounds fine for a first meet. I have driven past it while travelling north but never stopped there. Weekend sounds good too. I'll have to check with the missus before confirming on that.  

pat

p.s. is a Friday ok?

OK TC I just realised what TC stands for.  Carmarthen isn't too far from Llanelli.

I think there are a few other westie owners  (non wscc members) around Llanelli .  I'll do some searches later to look for their names

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat,any further details?. I notice South Wales group are holding a meeting Cardiff end on 30th March. I missed the last one, but I will try and attend this one and give some feedback to the West Wales group when we meet. :D

Your more than welcome to join us TC!!!!!

We are planning to hold a treasure hunt some time in April aswell on a weekend, so you guys can join us for that too.

I`ll keep you all informed.

Glad to see its going well down west Pat.

Mat

West Wales meet is on Friday 1st April (honest!;)  at the halfway at cothi Bridge.  7:30 for 8

I would have thought that a bar meal etc.can be got there.

See you all soon

Pat

In that case do you think I should contact them in the Halfway and put them on notice. We would be more easily accomodated than if we just turned up.It would be a bit of an :arse: if we were turned away because they had another function on.

Hi Glenn

Did you get to Llandow today??

Email me some directions, I will try to get there on the 1st, better not be taking the p***

Cheers

Llandow was cancelled yesterday due to work but it was lucky cos it was bl**** awful weather.  Am now going next Wednesday.

Go to Carmarthen, get on A40 and drive towards England.  Pub on Right or was it left....

to Halfway Inn