GRP

Ted

Hi all

1. Just putting my rear arches onto the bodywork and noticed while drilling that the GRP chips sometimes, not a problem with this job but will be on the more visible areas e.g cycle wings.  Does anyone have any top tips on how to avoid this??

2.  I have some small scratches  on the bodywork, what is the best way to get rid of them??????

Thanks in advance

TED.  :)  :)

1. Use a Drill that Doesn't have Sharp cutting Edges.

(Use an Old one or Grind the Cutting edges slightly Blunt)

2.  Aslong as their only Slight Surface scratches you can use T-Cut or Brasso (G3 Is another product that is Good, and i think this is available at Screwfix)

Hope this Helps   :t-up:

1. Just putting my rear arches onto the bodywork and noticed while drilling that the GRP chips sometimes, not a problem with this job but will be on the more visible areas e.g cycle wings.  Does anyone have any top tips on how to avoid this??

Pilot drill, and then csk the hole from the other side to prevent spelching.

Bri.

Another tip for drilling bodywork. Drill small pilot first, then reverse the drill so that it grinds rather than cuts. Saves blunting the cutting edge by grinding the drill. Goes through in no time and leaves a chip free edge.