Front Suspension Modifications

guy g

It's quite clear from recent posts on the subject on the Technical section that a large number of you are talking complete and utter b*****ks on the subject of the front suspension of Keith's car (my old car).

I can state for the record that:

The front wishbone pickup points are exactly as manufactured by Westfield. They have never been cut off the chassis and repositioned, nor modified in any way whatsoever.

The front wishbones are Westfield manufactured semi-wide track wishbones.

Bracketry has been fitted to the inboard damper mounts to allow AVO double adjustable dampers to be fitted (mainly because the AVOs came in a limited variety of lengths and wouldn't work using the standard inboard damper mounts). These brackets are bolted on to the standard Westfield inboard damper mounts. The standard mounts have not been cut off the chassis and repositioned.

Similar bracketry is used on the rear top damper mounts to allow AVO double adjustable dampers to be used. Other than that the rear suspension is exactly as manufactured by Westfield.

The ONLY thing needed to make the whole set-up standard Westfield is to use a longer front damper and shorter rear damper that will reach the standard inboard damper mounts.

Many of you claim to have pictures proving that this is not the case - my only comment on this is to state that "you are talking complete and utter c**p!"

Suspension wise this car is more standard than most around.

It may also interest you all to know that some of the records still held by me and this car were done before any mods whatsoever - 33.01s for a single lap at Curborough for instance.

To those of you who go slower than me (or Keith) - I suggest you look elsewhere for improvement. Driving would be one of the places I would look first!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• westy

• Arm

• Blatman

• guy g

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite clear from recent posts on the subject on the Technical section that a large number of you are talking complete and utter b*****ks on the subject of the front suspension of Keith's car (my old car).

There appears to be only *one* person rather than a large number......the same person who has subsequently removed post/apologised?

The bull s**t stops when the red light goes out i find!

That's very true Jamie and I have kept very quite since I got "told off" during the front suspension debate, but do I take any implication that I was cheating very seriously.

Before anyone says it - I am not a member of the WSCC nor a Speed Series competitor neither do I have any intention of being either in the current climate.

I put the post above on here for three reasons.

1. To put the record straight about the car's suspension.

2. Because I strongly resent any statement or belief that the car did not (or does not) comply with relevant championship regulation at the time, and the resulting implication that I was in some way "cheating". Anyone who believed that at the time should have put their money where their mouth is.

The car was a frontrunner in national and club championships for several years, and as such was the subject of close scrutiny from championship coordinators, eligibility officials, scrutineers and other competitors during this period. At no time were any doubts about the car's eligibility brought to my attention.

2. I also feel that transferring any ill feeling individuals may have (or have had) towards the car (or me) on to Keith now is pretty much beneath contempt.

It may also interest you all to know that some of the records still held by me and this car were done before any mods whatsoever - 33.01s for a single lap at Curborough for instance.

Hi Guy,

'Respect'

However :-

Current single lap record for Curb. is now 32.85s on 1a's with screen.

Set by a car approaching its 20 birthday !!!!!!!!! :0

Prelit

With regards to anyone questioning any cars eligibility in any class for whatever championship.

This should always be taken up in writing directly with the specific championship organisers.

Its as simple as that. Fact.

Congratulations Simon. It's about time the official record was a proper valid one. It's been a frustrating few years hasn't it?

See - I told you my money was on you.

It's almost worth having another go now!!

Just the 2 lap to go - or have you pinched that too?

Mr Chairman

Me being welsh and supersticous and all that, would request that it is acceptable within the rule and all that, to hang a per of sheep b*****k to my rear windscreen mirror.

Now I know it is not gunner aid me any speed but it adds that bit of vodoo to the event.

Would this meet the rules, scrutineering and please not be photographed  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:

Mr Chairman

Me being welsh and supersticous and all that, would request that it is acceptable within the rule and all that, to hang a per of sheep b*****k to my rear windscreen mirror.

Now I know it is not gunner aid me any speed but it adds that bit of vodoo to the event.

Would this meet the rules, scrutineering and please not be photographed  

total thread decline!

Thanks Guy,

Just the 2 lap to go - or have you pinched that too?

Nope, nowhere near your stunning 59.83s

My best time was a 60.4?s

Having said that I only did 1 dry double lapper since a late season tweek so I'm looking forward to giving it my best.

Cheers,

Prelit

But Mr Conibear

Me being welsh
this was something you withheld from your SS registration  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :down:

By all means you may hang whatever lucky mascot you wish from your car, although carbon may be viewed as an aerodynamic aid  :devil:  :D  :D

But being openly Welsh may attract some mirth and merriment amongst paddock prowlers be aware of Steve Davies  ;)  ;)  :D and Pete Billsberry  :D especially if you also have a french cousin  :D

Monsiuer Stanton, merci bocuipe

My pit crew alas Terry Grithys may know Steve Davies, I better tell him to replace all Carbon with mirror finish GRP.

Bonjour

d'accord  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:

Monsiuer Stanton, merci bocuipe

I can only assume you meant 'beaucoup'. ???

Andy

My Welsh-speaking wife says 'Exactly' ??? Although she does say the Welsh would spell it 'bwcw' (Hold on, where did all the vowels go? ???)

Andy