Toyo R888

ChrisG

Now that the Toyo R888 is available in 13" sizes (185/60 and 205/60) and they are similarly priced to Yoko 48s, Im considering using them instead of 48s for trackdays etc this year. Has anyone yet tried them and ideally compared them against either 32's/48's or ACB10s of some flavour, as I wouldnt want to fork out nearly £300 then find they aren't much good in comparison!

R888_tyre.jpg

Info on them

cheers

Chris

Its a scanned image so unfortunately you cant copy it out and translate it all, but from a bit of online transation of the table at the end, 1 = very good and 5 = bad, and the two columns are for handling and braking. It would suggest from that test that the Toyos are a bit better, but having said that Im not sure how directly comparable a 225/40 18" tyre would be compared to a 205/60 13"!

There are now so many trackday tyres on the market this year that it seems very confusing which ones to go for ie

Dunlop

Avon (several)

Kumho

Yoko (several)

Toyo

Maxsport

Michelin

Hankook

Etc

I spoke to Dunlop at the Historic show about this subject. They don't make they're A048R look-a-like (Formula R?) in anything below 15" and he reckoned the in 15" the compound would be too hard for a Westfield as it is designed with saloon's in mind.

I asked what he would go for in a 185/60x13 and he said he wouldn't waste his time talking to anybody but Yoko.

• 2 weeks later...