Pattern for boot box replacement ...

Numptie

Anyone got a pattern for a plain sheet replacement for a boot box? (following installation of an RAC roll-bar) smile.gif

I know I can use the boot box itself but that doesn't account for the raking members of the roll-bar assembly. ears.gif

My current one was fabricated out of MDF so I wasn't too worried about ****** it. wobble.gif

I'm worried about paying £££'s for a nice virgin CF sheet and ruining it as a result of being impatient and ham fisted. nuts.gif

TIA byebye.gif

Cheers,

N driving.gif

I did do a search - honest ... type.gif

Make yourself a cardboard template first...  ;)

Trouble is with patterns is that the fiberglass bodies may be slightly different, the body itself may just be mounted a few mm either way, across to one side etc, etc - so you are probably best off making a template from your own car.

HTH Stu.

Yep agree with Stu

Make Template out of Cardboard, easy to stick a bit back on if you cut too much off (Not so Easy with Carbon sheet..)

Put masking tape on the outer edges of the boot box opening and mark where the Edges of RAC bar Supports are.

Steppenwolf has this bit on His Website....

If you need any other pictures PM me

(Modified my Lockable bootbox to accomodate an RAC Rollbar)

Evenin' Stu   :t-up:

playskool do a bootbox more suited to the RAC bar if you still want to retain some sort of storage. Basically the box part is smaller and the ends are flat so you dont have to cut large slots as in the wesfield one.

And if you want a pic of the playskool rac-bootbox let me know & I'll e-mail it to you.......  :t-up:

Mark.

And if you want a pic of the playskool rac-bootbox

Can I have a picture, is it for a narrow or wide bodied car?

I'll have the picture either way please.

Oh and can you remember how much it was?

You can E-mail me here

:t-up:  :t-up:  :D

post it here gets my vote.

FWIW I used a bit of cardboard then thin bit of MDF as the templates. You can then modify (I should have got enough for 2 goes though as the original was a bit big around the strut so a adjusted it and then had to ease it off.

Ok chaps just noticed your replies, I may aswell just post the pic as a few people are obviously interested in this.

I enquired about it last year & paul said they were about 96 quid if I remember rightly, they're for wide body cars only afaik.....

3176.jpeg

Nice bit of kit, very neat, only downside for me is that it's too small to fit weathergear, luggage, tools, kitchen sink etc  :D

Cheers,

Mark.  :t-up:

They do seem to have sacrificed more space than perhaps they needed too...couldn't the open bit have extended a good few inches further towards the stays? ???

Andy

It looks deeper than the original. I'm wondering if it'll foul my tank.

Do you know if it comes with the holes for the raking members already cut?

Cheers,

N driving.gif

It shouldn't foul the tank, maybe just an optical illusion with the depth but it's supposed to be a direct replacement.

As far as I know the holes are cut for the stays but best checking with paul @ playskool to make sure. It's no detrement if they're not imo as you don't have to compensate for the positioning of the bodywork being slightly different form car to car.

Andy, my thoughts exactly, I have no idea why it starts so far in, that's why I decided to modify my own in the end.

Cheers,

Mark.  :)

It looks deeper than the original. I'm wondering if it'll foul my tank.

Do you know if it comes with the holes for the raking members already cut?

Cheers,

N driving.gif

Eric give Paul @ plays-kool motorsport a ring he's very accommodating and will be able to answer your queries 01274 680100