Bottom hose

Big R

I’ve got a zetec and a polo radiator.  Does anyone know of a source for a silicon hose that will fit onto the bottom radiator connection and avoids the chassis?

:D

I just got one made up a couple of weeks ago from Highbury hoses, fits perfectly. I sent my one away and the sent back a silicon one. Easy as that :D  :D

Highbury Hose Ltd

Unit 6 Viking Business Centre

2 High Street

Woodville

Swadlincote

Derbyshire

DE11 7EH

01283 217750

Thanks for the reply - can you give me a bit more detail?  

• Is it a one piece from the radiator to the pump?  

• Does it have any take offs - I need a connection for my heater?  

• How much?

If your not sure of length or angles etc. highbury hose do flexible silicon hoses. Phone them up and tell them what you need - they are very helpful and I highly recommend them.

There is a 90 degree angle hose which comes out of the water pump, it is also a reducer either 40mm or 44mm (waterpump) down to 32mm.

The 32mm end  joins onto the metal pipe which Wesfield supply. This has a T piece incorprotated into it for the return to the expansion tank.

There is then a sort of S shaped hose 32mm, which attached form the other end of the pipe to the radiator. This helps to get round the chassis.

If you send me your email address I can email you pictures of the pipes.

My invoice has:

"3pl reducing 90'elbow 40-32mm, 200 legs

"S Shaped hose, 32mm bore, 22-mm long

I paid  about £45 for those, including the 10% extra or black.

Hope that helps.

Graeme

Well I use a Raceline waterrail so it's a totally different setup for the top hoses.

I don't think it would be possible to get a one piece. Do you have the metal pipe which runs down the side of the car transfering the coolan??

G

Graeme

ditto - I've also got the Raceline water rail, but the blue Raceline (Samco) top hose is too short and the wrong angle.  It's obviously designed for another radiator or installation (Caterham?).

Thanks for your help..

:D

Ah ok, well you have the bottom end sorted.

To confuse things even more, I don't use the Westfield expansion tank. I did away with the T piece I told you about at the bottom end.

The 32mm exit from the thermostat housing goes to the top of the radiator and the smaller one goes into an overflow pipe.

I'll sent you a few pics of my setup. Hope that helps you.

Graeme

While we are talking bottom hoses,my bottom hose ID is much larger than pipe it fits on to.It was ok until it was disconnected for engine removal now it leaks.Have tried 2 jubilee clips with no improvement.Any ideas,(2l Zetec).

Phil

There seems to be two sizes of bottom hose at the water pump end. Others on here said it was 44mm, but I measured my old one and it was def only 40mm. Got a 40mm made up and it fits fine. I do know that Highbury hoses usually make 44mm by default, perhaps you need a 40mm

Wow, never thought I'd be able to contribute this much to one thread, I am obviusly learning  :D  :D

G

`Samco` do reducers in many sizes or pipe in many sizes.

You can use the hoses to connect the orifices and make the rest up in copper pipe using (15 22 28 35 42 50mm) pipe and bends (cheap as chips)

Graeme,

Is there any chance you could e-mail a couple of pics of your cooling circuit set-up. I have a raceline waterrail fitted. Does your bottom hose go 'outside' the front chsis rail?

:durr:

I've PM'd you my e-mail address.

Cheers

Jon