• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

C******m Bonnet

leighc

quick yes or no answer please.

Will a cateringvan bonnet fit a narrowbody?

my bonnet = not good. One on good old ebay

your assistance is greatly appreciated in this matter

:p  :p

No...

Scuttle angle is wrong at bonnet/scuttle interface along the sides. Westfield bonnet rear edges slope at an angle. IIRC, a C******m bonnet rear edges are at 90 degrees to the base...

I would presume so, it was the reason why C******m took legal action as it was identical IIRC?

Wasn't sure how different a early post lit would be, thats why I raised the query. If I am incorrect I'm sure somebody will be here with a proper explanation shortly.  :D

HTH

Leigh

Unlikely, the depth of the rebates in the nosecone and the scuttle are different (from memory) as the edges of the bonnets are rope clinched (bent back through 180 degrees, with a thicher bead at the edge)

They definitely do not fit a pre-lit either. I know someone who has tried this and ended up making their own from ali sheet.

John

This is IME true also, the cateringvan bonnet is too tall.

HOWEVER  There are different cateringvan bonnets.  So maybe an early bonnet, or a 'classic' bonnet might be convinced to fit. ???

If you are really interested, best nip along to the next L7C meet in your area and try a few for size :)

Caterham bonnets are all the same (except the SV obviously) in overall shape. There are variations in the cut out for the air fliters, and the louvres in the top only.