Curborough

Rob Navin

I did not let Dave know I would not be going, but then I said I would confirm Monday, so apologies to him if caused any problems.

But TBH I thought it was a no brainer  :D

That's a pity  :down:  :down:  :down:  although somewhat "fresh"  :xmas:  :xmas:  It wasn't too bad from about 11 onwards till about 4  :D  :D  :D

Better Luck with the weather later  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

I turned up at just after 9.30 am.   It was a perfect winter scene, pristeen snow, icicles hanging from my nose.

I thought a snow covered Curborough would have been fun to drive.   Great for learning precise car control.

You're all a bunch of wussies for not making it!

:p:p:p:p:p

Was a bit nippy mind you!

I'd have taken up the free slots, I need track time bad.  Finding it difficult to get hold of anyone at Curborough who can give me info about a track day.  How does this work?  Website gives no info and telephone numbers ring out.  Do you just turn up?

It's not a bad idea to just show up on Sunday mornings.   There are often events which for a small fee, you can join in.   Are you a Shenstone & District member too?

There's also a Black Country event listed on the boardroom.

I'm not a Shenstone & District member.  I live only 20 miles from the course.  I would like to use the course without being part of an event.  If I have to, are you always welcome even if you are not a member of the group or part of whatever they are doing or a completely different car type, etc.  I'd like to bring a couple of people along, don't want to make them commit to coming up to see me and finding nobody there on a Sunday morning- all seems a bit hazy. ???

Thanks again for the pre warning the snow was beginning to settle even down here in tropical sussex when we left at 6:00.

Any piccys?

I'm not a Shenstone & District member.  I live only 20 miles from the course.  I would like to use the course without being part of an event.  If I have to, are you always welcome even if you are not a member of the group or part of whatever they are doing or a completely different car type, etc.  I'd like to bring a couple of people along, don't want to make them commit to coming up to see me and finding nobody there on a Sunday morning- all seems a bit hazy. ???

It's not expensive (£17.50 I think it was) to join the SDCC, and if you want to use Curborough, it's a good idea to join.

There are a few events where you can just turn up, pay a fiver a lap, and join in, but you would have to take your chances.

Join SDCC, and you'll get a program of events, and of course more opportunities, and cheaper admission to the open events anyway.   3 laps, and your annual membership  is paid for!

Thanks again for the pre warning the snow was beginning to settle even down here in tropical sussex when we left at 6:00.

Any piccys?

Just the one....

3152.jpeg

:devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :p  :p

are they FIA approved?:p:p

I dunno, but they're bullsh!t proof apparently - we're awaiting the results of the donkey sh!t trials still - sorry Buzz ;)

Is it a deer with antler warmers on?!! :p:p:p:p:p

wots up buzz ?

You getting "boar'd" of the donkey?  :p  :p

Do you like that! :p

I've never tried a deer! I've tried a few old deers tho! :oops:  :oops:  :blush:

Buzz  :down: