Megabusa dry sump belt tension

rushwor

I've put about 9000 miles on my Megabusa.  I've noticed that the dry sump pump belt has loosened.  Unfortunately, I was not the original builder, and I do not see any information on adjustment of the Westfield dry sump in the manual.  I've got a race this Sunday, and would like to get it tightened up before hand.

What is the procedure to retention the belt?

TIA - Scott

Probably worth getting hold of the busa dry sump fitting instructions or speaking to Mark Walker at the factory.

I have heard of a number of cases of the dry sump pulley shearing off and this is usually because the belt tension has been set too high. So worth doing it properly.

Cheers,

Al.

I know with the Bird dry sump the belt doesn't get tensioned it's just a good fit when pushing it on to pulleys, there should be large washers either side of the drive pulley to stop belt coming off. I've done 7,000 miles with mine without a problem due to belt failure, but if your still worried or belt looks past it's sell by date buy a knew one they can't be to much.

Malc.