Cost of events

windy

Just been filling out my first lot of sprint regs. Entry fees are becoming a joke - £95 for 4 laps!!!!!! :(  discuss!

nowt to discuss windy; its ridiculous. I can spend similar money circuit racing with little damage (last season), and race in a 2-stroke Club100 Karting Campionship for ~£50 a round, but that is at discount for students.

You are right Windy event costs are getting silly.

The main thing that seems to be driving this increase is the costs involved in the hire of the cuircuit.  After that the other ammounts seem to be minimal.

It is getting very hard justify the costs of what has always been seen as the entry level of motorsport when the entry fees make cuircuit racing seem a more cost effective option.

The only thing that stops me is the thourght of some one else's accident trashing my car, but then Rubbing is Racing as they say.

:)

Its still cheaper than rallying though :D

Yes rallying costs but for £300 you get 60 stage miles. That's most of the day competitive driving. £95 at Crost gets you about 5 minutes on the track.

I remember when Boscombe was £45 and you got about 15 miles of competitive runs during the day - those were the days. :)  ???

14 races this season for £1540. Minimum 15 min qualifying and 15 min race, sometimes 20 min. And sometimes a heat race as well.

Additional costs in 2004 - zero

Additional costs in 2003 - Ah, about £2000 including half a new chassis, and 3 other mishaps!

Its still cheaper than rallying though

*rubs chin* depends where you rally, £150 for over 100miles of competitive closed road special stage rallying...

...just don't ask about the travelling fees  :D

That's one of the big reasons I'm not doing much in the way of sprints this yr. I need the funds for the upgrades to continue

USA aside  I agree Scott. Its not good value at the moment. Thats why for me personally a day on the track is much more appealling especially if you get an open pit.The only down side to that is the wear and tear on your car..but I suppose thats why many of use bought them.

But...as with everything else track days will becoming more and more expensive for the same reasons as a competative meeting i.e track rental.There's only so much pi** taking organisers can do before people start saying " thats enough" and that day is not too far away I fear.

Buzz

This is why this is my last year, before doing something complety diffrent, ???

tabble football, chess, knitting.

its not just the cost of the events, its the cost of keeping the car spot on, :0

My look for some thing else :(  not sure what yet

The main thing that seems to be driving this increase is the costs involved in the hire of the cuircuit.  After that the other ammounts seem to be minimal.

That isn't really true.  The 'other' costs add about 50% on to the hire fee.  You have to pay for rescue services, timekeepers, trophies and a wad to the MSA to cover insurance etc.

To answer Buzz's post, the organisers are not taking the p*** at all.  Most events run at a break-even cost.  It is the track owners who are forcing up costs.

To answer Buzz's post, the organisers are not taking the p*** at all.  Most events run at a break-even cost.  It is the track owners who are forcing up costs.

Fair point Ian. I supose the finger always gets pointed at the organiser as thats where u relate to.

Buzz

That isn't really true.  The 'other' costs add about 50% on to the hire fee.  You have to pay for rescue services, timekeepers, trophies and a wad to the MSA to cover insurance etc.

Mmmm I dissagree.

On the events that I am involved with running the main rise in costs over the last couple of years has been the cuircuit.

Yes the other things cost money as well but as I said the biggest cost increase on events at the moment seems to me to be the cuircuit hire.

Regards

Rob

Mmmm I dissagree.

On the events that I am involved with running the main rise in costs over the last couple of years has been the cuircuit.

Yes, sorry, I quoted too much text.  You are right that it is venue hire fees that is driving up the costs.  What I meant was that the 'other' costs are not minimal and account for about 1/3rd the entry fee at many venues.

Rob your in the fortunate position of being able to release another record if money gets tight unlike the rest :p  :D

Yes thats true they'll call it 'Lard Aid' but I think organising that would be 'biting off more than he can chew'  :p  :p   :D

Buzz

P.S Rob absolute scream at Plys-kool on saturday afternoon. Poor ole' Johnny got both  'barrels' but its was so funny!!  :D  :D  :D