Wiper stuff

deano.1

Managed to knacker the tube up tonight that goes from the motor to the first wiper box, i was trying to put a bend in it to get it around scuttle! Although i used a pipe bender i think i put to much of a sharp bend in it so ill have to see if i can buy a new one tommorow.

Has anyone got any advice on this subject? it seems there are quite a few builders at this stage at the moment

:durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

you can bend it very easily by hand as long as the cable is still inside the tube...

you must not bend it to tightly or you will have problems with the cable binding inside

It is very easy to bend by hand as stevio said make sure the teliflex cable is inside it, i had to extend the middle section and managed to get some new tubing from a caravan & camping shop think it was gas pipe tubing?, anyway it was cheap and does the job very well. Any sort of tubing the same diameter will do, check out the local plumbing merchants.  I think the first section from the wiper motor has a flared end? when you get some new tubing take it and the securing nut along to your local car garage and they should be able to flare the end for you, thats assuming you don't have the tool already :blush:

HTH

Karl

Tube should be steel - some builder use copper - this tends to wear quickly and can lead to the wipers going slower and slower 'til the motor burn out.  Lucas did a service note on this many years ago.

I still see suppliers offering copper tube - it's ok if you don't drive in the wet!

All tube sections are flared at both ends - the first has a brass nut encaptured between the flares.

Regards

Steve @ sVc

Thanks for that Steve, i did think about using copper but decided against it for that very reason!

I rang Westfield and they're gonna send me a new piece of pipe :D

get an aeroscreen,i did  :D

aero screens are for people who are scared that they might knacker up the windscreen, heater and wiper installation!

mmmm, maybe i should of fitted an aero screen  :D  :D