Flymo on test

V 8

Well, thought I'd better get to grips with the new beast, and so booked in on a track day at Donington yesterday.  Arrived home from a weeks skiing holiday on Saturday.  Unfortunately the flight arrived substantially later than I anticipated with work still to do on the car.

That fantastic bloke Nob Ravenous made a detour back from an appointment down south to get to my house and bolt a few bits and bobs back together again.  Not only that he also met me at my house first thing Sunday morning with two jerry cans of fuel and the car full of tools in order to load the car and get to signing on for eight o'clock.

Apart from a small problem actually starting the car in the first place, which Rob fixed, we ran open pit lane all day and the car never missed a beat, ran like a sewing machine.

The morning sessions were all wet, and so running on slicks meant that almost everybody was coming past me, especially the guys in the GT3,s and Caterhams.

The rain managed to hold off, and the afternoon session developed a dry line.  The slicks started to bite, and boy, can that forking thing go.  Coming out of Maclean's (or is it coppice) and hammering down the back straight, I had to short shift into fourth under Starkey's bridge to stop the wheels spinning as the car went light over the hump.

I can't say a big enough thank you to Rob Navin, who spannered for me, refuelled, checked tyre pressures etc etc just keep me out on the track for as long as possible.

I had a fantastic day and am so pleased that I've been able to drive the car in the dry prior to the beginning of the speed series.

The car eats GT3's oh yes

I suppose we better take it to Spa then

'ave it!!!!

Tommo

PS I'm sure Rob will be on soon and I'll let him tell everybody the parting words to the rich southern chavs with the transporter full of GT3's

You shoulda seen it in the British GT championship  :D  :D  :D  :D only thing it didn't overtake was an XJ220 and a McLaren  :D  :D  :D  :D niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice one Mr T  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

It was indeed a great day.

The car never missed a beat which was great news for the ammout of time it spent out on track.

Best not tell the story about the Chavs, you never know who's watching ;)

So is Spa booked then Tommo ?

I've tried to upload the photos to the gently hosting site but unfortunately the site tells me that the resolution is too high, so I really know what to do now.  Calling Mr Hawkins!!!

No spa not booked yet, need to get final approval from SWMBO

Great one tommo...........'ave it'

Tell us the Chav tale Rob, come on.

Tommo, set yourself up an account with fotopic.net. i ve had a great afternoon setting mine up into folders etc.

shameless self promotion:

Jamie fotopic site

get on it Tommo

I've tried to upload the photos to the gently hosting site but unfortunately the site tells me that the resolution is too high,

Are you bragging about the size of your equipment again, Tommo  :p

Go on, tell us about the Burberry Brigade  :love:

It was indeed a great day.

The car never missed a beat which was great news for the ammout of time it spent out on track.

Best not tell the story about the Chavs, you never know who's watching ;)

So is Spa booked then Tommo ?

Come on Rob, we need to know!!  :D  :D

Sounds great Tommo, can't wait to see you slide it round Croft quickly  :D  :D . Just make sure you sort the reliability out that dogged Uncle Tom in his last season.

I've tried to upload the photos to the gently hosting site but unfortunately the site tells me that the resolution is too high, so I really know what to do now.  Calling Mr Hawkins!!!

What operating system do you have Tommo?

Andy

Boom Tish - looks like season has started early  :D  :D

Tommo You cant try and run in klass 2B in that, :0

but we know you will try :p

hoppe your testing goes well

mine still not made the road or fired up :down:

What operating system do you have Tommo?

Andy

Windows XP prof

Great stuff Tommo glad you've finally got a chance to drive it.Pleased to hear you had a productive day.Nice one Rob you're always there to lend a helping hand....especially if there's free beer on tap or can !!  :p

Buzz