Duratec engine

redwesty2000

Please, is there anyone out there who could tell me if putting a 2.0L duratec engine in a 89 sei is ok if running in the modprod class as per msa blue book regs. I'm told that there has to be 100 a year built unless the manufacturer applies for some sort of document. :(  :(

For full clarification on the matter tis always best to contact the championship organisers directly  ;)  ;)  of the championship (or ship's) that you wish to enter  ;)  ;)

Just because Blue Book doesn't specifically say you "can't" don't assume you can  :D  ;)  ;)

modprod class
P.S. you won't be in that class anyway  ;)  ;) That is for modified production cars  ;)  ;) Westfield are classed as Kitcars  :D  ;)

:D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D  ;)  :D  ;)  ;)  :D  :devil:  :D

Just because Blue Book doesn't specifically say you "can't" don't assume you can

??????????????????????????????:bangshead:  :bangshead:

Too ******* right, Ash  :arse:

Anyway, it'd be "interesting" if you got kicked out - not sure Westfield made too many cars with VX engines in either and they're pretty popular in the series... Now there's a thought...  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Yeh, I know what you mean, trouble is at mo I'm using atmo cossie,mostly at Gurston Down, was only 1/2 sec off class record, trouble is I found from experience that when you start winning the protests begin, so I really need to be 100% sure on this. :devil:

Anyway, it'd be "interesting" if you got kicked out - not sure Westfield made too many cars with VX engines in either and they're pretty popular in the series... Now there's a thought...  

Not one person has ever been "kicked out" or "refused entry" for the Speed Series  ;)  ;)  :D

Mr Webster - Westfield have made many components for the fitment and use of VX engines and also built a couple - why should Ash or anyone have a problem  :D  :D Only drivers registered for a championship may protest about specific matters for that championship

trouble is I found from experience that when you start winning the protests begin

Very true  :down:  :down:  :down: best bet would be to write to your championship eligibility or co-ordinator official type person and clarify matters wih them direct.  ;)

Thanks, I feel this is the only way,from recent research I have done it would seem that the duratec is the engine of the moment. :cool:

i thought his name was andy :D  :p  :D.  Mr Webster is the name he use's when in the dock :p

I'm always in the sh!t, it's just the level that varies...

Mr Webster - Westfield have made many components for the fitment and use of VX engines and also built a couple
No need to get all defensive - I'm trying to help a potential competitor here...

The original posting questioned the validity of the Duratec and whether 100 a year had to be built for it to be eligible - valid question. A fair parallel is the VX and you back that up by the saying that they built "a couple". I've no issue with Duratecs, Vxs or anything else tbh, but perhaps there lies more behind your answer than meets the eye.

Mr Webster - you don't have to make up your own interpretation of my reply  :D  :D WYSIWYG  :D

A fair parallel is the VX and you back that up by the saying that they built "a couple".
Mr RedWesty was referring to the modprod class in his original post - as such Modprod is for modified production cars and could possibly mean a Nova with a duratec engine - rather than in this instance a Westfield with a Duratec or VX engine  :D  :D

Modprod is for modified production cars and could possibly mean a Nova with a duratec engine - rather than in this instance a Westfield with a Duratec or VX engine

You are most correct, Mr Stanton wrt modprod. And Mr RedWesty was questioning the eligibility of the Duratec as per regulation L12.1.2: "The vehicles must have been originally available through the normal commercial channels of the manufacturer in quantities of not less than 100 vehicles within 12 consecutive months".  

One can see why Mr RedWesty might raise this question, and also why this might apply to other Westfields with various engine configurations.

Rule L12.1.3 does qualify the above with: "Vehicles produced in lesser quantities may be admitted subject to the manufacturer obtaining approval from the MSA". As the WSCC Speed Series isn't a "factory" series I doubt this has been done but do stand to be corrected. And this still leaves the question of a particluar engine in a particular chassis.

So, prima facie, Mr RedWesty raises a valid point and it's highly likely that the Duratec at this moment isn't eligible for the modprod class. Discuss...  :D