ANyone going to Oulton 26th Feb?

StrikerBob

:t-up: Correct, I'm booked in, did it last night.

Can't wait....I lurrrvve Oulton, got to be one of the best circuits for sevenesques in the country...

:love:  :cool:  :D

Are www.trackdays.co.uk just a booking agent ??

Habving produced a comprehensive list of events (See Here) and having visited their website, most of the trckdays they offer are also advertised on other organisers sites.

Take for example this one for Oulton on the 26th, it has been listed on www.easytrack.co.uk site since well before it appeared on the trackdays site, they do however show the same costs in most cases but a few of their events are dearer than whats advertised on other organisers sites.

I have never used trackdays.co.uk and have only recently come accross them, but I am just interested to know how they work or if they are just an agent, and if easytrack for example are the true event organisers ???

• 4 weeks later...

I have never used trackdays.co.uk and have only recently come accross them, but I am just interested to know how they work or if they are just an agent, and if easytrack for example are the true event organisers ???

Well....

It seems you were right Glen. I was satarting to get worried this morning when I couldn't find anywhere to sign on. There were two trackday organisers there, Easytrack, and another which I can't remember now. Neither had heard of Trackdays.co.uk!

It turns out that they are part of Easytrack (or at least, selling places). Luckily I saw my name on the signing on sheet when I was trying to find out where to sign on...

However, it also seems that I saved 40 sheets by booking through Trackdays.

Fantastic day though  :cool:  Started off very damp, but soon dried out, for the most part. We did have a couple of brisk showers early on, but didn't spoil proceedings much. It did rain quite heavily from about half three onwards. Jeez, Druids is evil when it is wet (but fun)!

I managed to convert over 80 litres of fuel into over 250 miles of trackday! I only really came off track for refuel/empty bladder/red flags/lunchtime.

bl**** aching now though - my shoulders and neck are a bit stiff! :0  :D

Went along for an hour but didn't get there until 3pm and it then started raining. Managed to see the brand new Lambo mucky lager, wow. Recognised the car from Evo magazine which they have on long term test-same reg number, that's always a giveaway. Anyway was having a look around it hoping they'd be getting on track so I could hear the Tubi Exhaust in anger, 3 guys stood outside chatting away with the doors close and the engine running and the central locking went clunk and locked them all out - oops, 180 grand and yer can't get in it :( Hope they got sorted but couldn't hang around to find out, perhaps we'll be able to read about it in next months Evo :blush:

Stu99,

Glad to see you found your way and had a good day, I too had never heard of trackdays.co.uk until I was producing the event calender and can't really remember how I stumbled across them.

I had actually started to input thier dates into the list, when I realised most of the dates they listed were already on my list but with other company's. From memory most of their events were the same price, a few were dearer and just a couple were cheaper, looks like you got the lucky one :t-up:

From memory most of their events were the same price, a few were dearer and just a couple were cheaper, looks like you got the lucky one :t-up:

For a change...  :)

I will bear in mind the info you have found out though - well spotted, and good advise for all of us 'trackies'... :t-up:

Hey up Stu!

It was indeed a good day, although not brilliant from my perspective of getting more seat time in the car..........

Changing, greasy conditions didn't really let me learn too much in terms of ultimate grip levels.

However, I've now done 2 track days and a total of around 180 flat-out miles in the old Striker - and it's been 100% reliable - so that's GOOD news!!

And if you like Oulton - you want to get your @rse across to Cadwell - best circuit in the country BY FAR!

Changing, greasy conditions didn't really let me learn too much in terms of ultimate grip levels.

Should of swapped tyres with me. You would appreciate what you had then! :D

And if you like Oulton - you want to get your @rse across to Cadwell - best circuit in the country BY FAR!

My application form and cheque *should* already be at its destination for the WSCC trackday @ Cadwell. WOOHOO !!!! :cool:

yeh and the 750 meeting is full circuit.........a weekend not to be missed 4/5 June.

Bit of a BBQ going on then or what?

Or do you boys all head off into Louth.........??

yeh and the 750 meeting is full circuit.........a weekend not to be missed 4/5 June.

Its not like the old slick 50 road saloon days rob :p

Its not like the old slick 50 road saloon days rob :p

Why the bl00dy hell not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????