• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Do you need wing mirrors

gregh

Nick

What mirros do you use?

A are the wing mirros any good, i've got a couple of little wing mirrors for when i change to Aero but have heared that ther not much use(due to size)??

Woundering what Center mirror to use ???

Andy :)

I use Racetech mirrors - the more rounded ones, not the smaller angular ones.

I have a centre one which uses a short centre stem and two side mounted ones with angular stems (which also help fix the aeroscreen to the scuttle).  They all have the swivel base mountings.

They are quite small but provided you get the convex glass mirrors they're fine - they give a good spread of rearward vision and there don't appear to be any major blindspots.

Cheap too - about 20 quid each I think.

Nick

do you know which particular mirro you used for the centre, swivel mount?

RTMC2 Carbon F1 Mirror. (Large) Flat Glass.

or

RTMBC2 Black F1 Mirror. Convex Glass. Straight Stem.

???

Andy

Nick,

How do the racetech ones attach? could I screw them to a cut down windscreen pillar a la this piccy? (imagine the supports were cut down to the top of the aero and that the existing mirrors weren't there!!;)

aeroscreen.jpg

Andy - not entirely sure of part numbers, but based on the descriptions I would look for :

Centre - RT (Racetech) M (Mirror) B (Black) C (Convex glass) and then straight stem with a swivel fixing (this is because you may need to angle the mirror away from vertical to get the best view)

For the side mirrors, they're not handed (the bent stem just swivels one way or the other) and I'd expect them to be something like RTMBC but you'd need to specify that you want the angled stem with a swivel fixing.

Best bet is to ring them up and describe what you want - they'll make the mirrors up however you want them basically.

Greg - they have a base fitting which has a length of thread projecting out of the bottom (about M6 I think).  You could drill through the pillar and either tap it and fit the base mounting or drill right through and put a nut on the back (maybe in the slot where the windscreen would sit ?? ).  You then attach the "nut" on the bottom of the stem to the base fitting and tighten it up to lock the stem in the position you want it.

Crap description probably, but it's quite neat - only need to drill one hole per mirror, unlike the SPA Design ones which need 3 and need a flatter surface on which to mount them.

Just to get back to the original question.

I use the centre mirror while on track to see who is coming up behind.

The side mirrors are only really used when joining the track, as the centre one is useless at this point.

Nick,

How do the racetech ones attach? could I screw them to a cut down windscreen pillar a la this piccy? (imagine the supports were cut down to the top of the aero and that the existing mirrors weren't there!!;)

aeroscreen.jpg

Greg, I have race tech mirrors on my red competition car and I've attached them by using the existing screen up right securing bolt so no holes needed to be drilled.

had no problems and threy have been on the car for 3 years

Buzz :cool: