• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Agony Aunt

taffy

Ive just discovered that the pub Ive started drinking in for the last six months play!!!! host to a C*****M club once a month!!!!

Dear auntie Westfield should I;

Join in and turn up with me Westie feigning innocence.

Turn up and admit I knew it was C*****Ms all along.

Buy a C*****M and turn up looking cool.

Go along in my Nissan Primera.

Please let me know cos Im loosing sleep thinking about it, and I think the Westy has found out!!!    ???  ???  ???  ???

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taffy

• V7 SLR

• Stuart

• steppenwolf

This is a no-brainer, take the Westfield - especially if it is a pre-lit  :devil:  

If it is a more recent model then, as car enthusiasts, they will appreciate the superior design and engineering  :D  :D  :D

Actually, personal experience suggests that they will be most welcoming.

:)….turn up dressed as a leiderhosen clad dominatrix and they’ll just assume you drive a Caterham. If anyone gets suspicious flash them your Dale Winterton fan club card and they'll be bending over backwards - and occasionally forwards - to welcome you.

:cool:…..and remember, it’s not big or tough to take the pi*s out of those less fortunate than yourself; so give the Caterham lads and lasses a hug from us all.

I can second this one

I actually got invited by the AO when we saw each other locally  :t-up:  :t-up:

Been going for 2 years now :D  :D and apart from the occasional bit of harmless ribbing they are fine. :D  :)

David

My seats are out of an R500, and my Westy badge has been removed to accomodate a bit of carbon fibre for timing, so if I am anything other than "2-up" my seats are the only visible brand......quite few people have said "love the Caterham mate..." etc etc.....

I don't really see the difference. I think we are all of the same kind of mindset. It is like fighting with the kids from the next village when you were young, cos they went to a differnt school...

Chumley, I suggest you underplay the rivalry ;)  :p

In the 60s I went to a Grammar school (in Burnt Oak, near Edgware) located between Roman Catholic and multi denominational Secondary Modern schools. The only thing that the kids who attended those schools hated more than each other was the kids at the Grammar and I could never run very fast  :0  :0

I'm sure that individually they were all very nice people but collectively the hunting pack instinct brought a tear to many an eye  :blush:  :blush:

I found this too ... AND better still, they had just the most brilliant route to Stoneleigh last year and we were invited to join them for the drive. I was impressed to see that Caterham drivers also know how to take part in the 'Gatso Manœuvre' too  :0

I found this too ... AND better still, they had just the most brilliant route to Stoneleigh last year and we were invited to join them for the drive. I was impressed to see that Caterham drivers also know how to take part in the 'Gatso Manœuvre' too  :0

What is the Gasto manoever?

Pardon my ignorance....

Extract from the Westfield Diary 05/05/02

The Gatso Manoeuvre:-

The route is an excellent one with plenty of fast and windy roads and when we stop for fuel and coffee, it is clear that they are all a friendly bunch of people.

On route we all take part in the legendary ‘Gatso Manoeuvre’ which entails the lead car noticing a speed camera at the last possible moment and slowing abruptly. This results in 5 cars all 12 feet in length passing through the camera at exactly 30MPH and taking up exactly 60 feet in length! The ‘Gatso Manoeuvre’ should normally be practised in advance though to avoid contact taking place.

At Stoneleigh we are diverted into a ridiculous traffic jam by the organisers who could have done better if they had failed to turn up at all. The 3 Caterhams and 2 Westfields in the small convoy split up and go their own way on reaching the entrance and I thank them for letting us join them for the journey and advise them that naturally I will cut them dead once inside the show as they are driving the ‘wrong car’.

OK, educated.  You have also jogged my memory - once inside the show did you get hopelessly lost? - I think I followed you for a while before I realised you didn't know where you were going......