• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Sprinting scrutineering

conibear

New to all this SS stuff, got blue book but seeking assurances from experts ;)

Aeroscreened roadgoing SEIW on acb10's.

I know about helmet & suit regulations, battery negative requires earth tape and rollbar to helmet issue. However, what about labelling my ignition switch on steering column, am I right assuming this is necessary. If so, would you all recommend that a DYMO label would suffice. Also does the label need to say OFF (to the left) ON (to the right) and would you stick this to the dashboard above column area.

What about these areas: -

Oil catch tank?

Towing eye?

Gloves?

Shoes?

Fire proof baraclava?

Fire extinquisher?

As well as the MSA licence would I need to produce, driving licence, mot, tax and insurance documentation.

Have I missed anything else ;)

All replies are very welcome :D

Ian

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• conibear

New to all this SS stuff, got blue book but seeking assurances from experts ;)

Aeroscreened roadgoing SEIW on acb10's.

I know about helmet & suit regulations, battery negative requires earth tape and rollbar to helmet issue. However, what about labelling my ignition switch on steering column, am I right assuming this is necessary. If so, would you all recommend that a DYMO label would suffice. Also does the label need to say OFF (to the left) ON (to the right) and would you stick this to the dashboard above column area.

Oil catch tank?

Towing eye?

Gloves?

Shoes?

Fire proof baraclava?

Fire extinquisher?

As well as the MSA licence would I need to produce, driving licence, mot, tax and insurance documentation.

Have I missed anything else ;)

All replies are very welcome :D

Ian

The ignition sticker just needs to say "Off" Look in Tweeks catalogue for a "Scrutineers Delight" sheet. It has all you could ever need.

The sticker needs to be visible and as close to the ignition switch as is practical. Dymo printer label? Don't be a pikey... :p

Oil catch tank. 1L capacity is mandatory if a catch tank is fitted. The only reason you don't need a catch tank is if your engine breathers are routed back to the inlet system.

Towing eye not required. Tow from the roll over bar or front chassis members. If you are required to stick a "tow" sticker on, stick it to the rollover bar...

Gloves. Not mandatory, but if you have a leather wheel and get sweaty palms...

Shoes. Wear what you want...

Fire proof balaclava. Not mandatory, but I use one. Keeps the inside of my lid nice and clean. It'll help a bit if I'm ever in a fire too...

Fire extinguisher. Not mandatory. If you're going to fit one, I'd make it a plumbed in one, or not bother.

If you are running in a road going class on the day you will need to show your MOT, RTA insurance and maybe your log book, and in some cases a valid tax disc. If you are in non roadgoing on the day, you shouldn't have to show any of those, but you might need to show your V5. It may be an idea to get an MSA Log Book as well, just in case. Call up your local scruter, he'll be able to help with that.

In all cases, you MUST have your MSA licence. I believe that it is now possible for event organisers to confirm that you are a bona fide MSA licence holder by calling up the MSA on the day should you forget it, but the fee for doing so is quite large (£15, iirc). FWIW, I carry ALL my RTA documents (V5, MOT, Insurance) with me for the sprint car to ALL events...

Oil catch tank? - Mandatory minimum 1 litre capcity

Towing eye? - not mandatory

Gloves? - not mandatory

Shoes? - not mandatory

Fire proof baraclava? - not mandatory

Fire extinquisher? - not mandatory

MSA Licence, Speed Series / club card and copy of MOT, insurance + display your tax Disc - saves you any probs

;)  :D

I think failure to produce MSA licence now costs you a £30 fine  :D  :D  :down:

And get yourself a set of racing decals from Demon Tweeks - easy peasy  :D  :D  :D

Download a Beginners Guide from the Speed Series page -  :D  :D  ;) Any probs and the Class F mentors can offer you some paddock advice  :D  :D  :D

Who's my Class F mentor then? I'll get my pestering head on :D

Andy

Just going for the "brief" version  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:

Who's my Class F mentor then?

It's a secret  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Just going for the echo version more like :p

I said all of that except for the Club card thing...

You must be suffering from Blatman Post Fatigue... :D

Who's my Class F mentor then?

It's a secret  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Fat lot of use that is then...

:p

Andy

Just trying to give Scott a bit of peace and quiet for a while  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Ah, so it's Scott then.

That's not much use, he's not competing this year :D

Andy

That's not much use, he's not competing this year

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Andy - Are you 100% sure Scott isn't competing  :D  :D  :D  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead: