Cam ident??

karlgurney

Hi i've just bought a "ebay special" pinto and been striping it down to see what all the gubbings are, the cam has a vernier pulley and stamped along the shaft is FR10 and on the rear end is 270,  any ideas it all looks in good condition with little or no wear. Is it worth keeping?  I will be taking the head off as soon as i get the right tools to see what valves and pistons are in there.

Cheers

Karl

P.S i have done a google search but couldn't find any cams by the name of FR10

and on the rear end is 270

Piper 270 ???

It is a Kent Cam.They list it in my old catalogue,saying other profiles avail are FR1,FR2,FR20,FR21,FR22 etc.No info on what spec it is.Best to give them a call

Thanks for the replys, called kent cams no luck, called piper its one of theres,gave me all the info i needed to know :t-up:

Cheers

Karl

They said to me the FR10 is a part number one of there early cams 268 degree duration and they told me the gaps for the rockers and timing, basically gives about 15bhp increase in power with power between 2500rpm and 6000rpm, any good? i'm not to sure?

Karl

I was convinced it was a kent cam aswell, untill i phoned them they said better speak to piper sounds like one of theres, is it worth keeping?? I'm ideally after a big valve head.