Zetec automatic engine

RobC

Got the flywheel of my engine last night to find that it is a very little light flywheel? Does this mean that its was an automatic at one time??

can I still use it... the engine I mean...

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the flywheel can just be changed for the 1.8. But I cannot remember where (I have done a search, no really I have)

Just when I thought that everything was going so well aswell...

Many thanks for any help :durr:

yeah but how much is that...£200 up... £30 for the 1.8 is a little more reasonable.. After all I have just invested in the Raceline sump I think the £30 option will offset that nicely :D

TA for confirming though

Rob,

You can still use an engine from an auto, just make sure that you fit the crank position sensor from a manual car.  If you dont, the auto one will not read the manual flywheel and the engine will not start.  Don't forget the spigot bearing as well.

Rich.

Hi Also remember to fit the position sensor holder/bracket from the manual engine BEFORE fitting the new flywheel as it is almost impossible to do it afterwards. Not impossible but time consuming i should know i forgot to do mine.  ???

Just to clarify its the holder/mounting bracket you have to change not the sensor itself.

David :D

Rob, didn't the engine come with a clutch on it? I didn't look too close when I was at your house but I will confirm if it is an auto on the next visit. As others have said it is no problem especially as you wanted an 1800 flywheel anyway. As regards the crank sensor if you are going megajolt doesn't it have a sensor wheel fitted to the front of the engine? Everything is going well (unless you have done something I don't know about) this is the learning which is all part of the fun. :)

:down:

Not broken anything else........ :D

I might have had a look at fitting the sump but nothing else :oops:  did I say that out loud...

:blush: