Zetec Breather

Steve20

Breather what connects to what ?

May be a stupid question but is it simply a case of running a pipe from the valve in the breather cannister round the back of the engine above the flywheel and then back down towards the ground (right hand side) with a second pipe from the camshaft cover outlet being teed into this pipe.

Seen it done this way,

My Zetec has 2 seperate pipes that exit to 'air' down by the brake master cylinder.

Have also seen Zetecs with a small chrome filter attached to the Cam cover outlet and a seperate pipe for the Oil Breather valve

OR you could fit an Oil Catch tank   ???

Crank case breather and rocker cover breather plumb into a 1lt catch tank that's vented to the atmosthere.

I've mounted my catch tank under the steering shaft on the engine side of the driver side front bulkhead.

In the last year I've emptied about 1/4 of a litre of oil from the catch tank.

Chaz.

cut out the back of the oil breather valve and then put the pipe into a tank.The poppet valve only works on a vacuum,so allow it to breathe.

By the poppet valve do you mean the valve in the breather on the left hand side of the engine, if so is it just a case of cutting the end off and then refitting the valve to give you something to attach a pipe to.

Where do I get an oil catch tank from at sensible money ?

By the poppet valve do you mean the valve in the breather on the left hand side of the engine, if so is it just a case of cutting the end off and then refitting the valve to give you something to attach a pipe to.

Where do I get an oil catch tank from at sensible money ?

Just take the fitting and using a hack saw trim the bottom out and the spring and plunger will fall out.Clean up with a file and slot back in.

Agree with Thos on the tank

Only my opinion, but you do not need to remove the poppet valve.

The valve only needs a tiny amount of pressure to operate it, so will not do any damage if left in.  In fact the factory cars have them left in aswell.

The purpose of this is in case of a back fire though the normal induction system.  As the breather normally goes to this you do not want any back flow if this happens.

hope that helps,

Mat