Grinning from ear to ear!

chumley-warner

Just went for a quick blat - I repacked my noisiest exhaust today so I wanted to see what it would do. (Both Techcraft)

Suffice to say both my wing mirrors now point downwards, not behind me.

Why?

So I get a stereo view of both pipes spitting 18" flames on the overrun..!!!!!

Wow - reminds me of trips to Le Mans. Scared the guy in front of me as I slowed in gear behind him. Two flames suddenly light up either side of my headlights - the eagle has landed...!!!

Mr Chumley Warner

:love:  :cool:  :love:  :cool:  :love:  :cool:

Mr Chumley Warner

What colour Blue have you used on your Westy?

Is it a 2 Pack or what?

It looks the Business.... :t-up:  :t-up:  :cool:  :cool:

It is BMW Ocean Blue and Silver, starting to look a bit tatty, but still not bad.

:D

Damn

Looks like you are going to take my bassingbourn flame pride away as you have two. Now I will have to strap a flame thrower to the other side.

Chumley, have to say it but you are sadder than me, turning both mirrors down to see nothing but flames. Top man.

Did the extra packing make any difference?

Hope to see you and the flames at the next bassingbourn.

Steve

PS Wonder if my flames will be bigger with the mods, or shock horror might I lose them altogether.

The extra paking seems to have made it a bit quieter. but not significantly. I will do the LHS this afternoon. What does seem to work - and I might do this for the MOT - running on 95 octane really makes it queiter, so perhaps at a ttrack day you could turn up with a near empty tank of 95 for noise test and then fill up from jerry can on Optimax.

I hope your mods don't take the flames away - mine too - I'm going to RR on Monday just b4 the MOT. Mine only seem to flame when they bang, is that the same with yours?

Mr Chumley Warner

Chummers have you had any, erm.. 'Moments' in your car yet?  :(  :(  :( ... Nice one with the after burners

Buzz :cool:

Not yet. It was a bit slip slidy last Sunday when I went to the Essex meet and then it was stair rods which was unpleasant but not dangerous. I suppose when the air filter smoked a lot it could have caught fire and the whole car gone up in flames, but not really the sort of moment you are talking about Buzz.

I exit a lot of T junctions on opposite lock but other than that it is genuinely difficult to get the rubber to let go down the lanes where I live because eother you are boucing up and down, and can't see because of the track settings, or afraid of the horse around the next corner that will tread on your face, or just plain scared of doing more than 100 mph down a single track road. I must admit I drove my Cerbera very very fast (slightly more power twice the weight) and only ever had one "moment" at 20mph on black ice. Even then it was such a nunney cat, I still caught it. I don't think i will be taking this one out in sub zero conditions somehow!

I just took the LHS exhaust off to repack it, but turns out I will have to drill out two of the damned bolts cos they have seized. Whilst it was off and to relieve some of my frustration with said bolts I decided to start the car and rev the pants off it.

I think I would have failed a noise test............

Sounded like one of those Icelandic gravel mountain climbing machines......hehehe

V8 Power...... :cool: