Rocker cover looking worn

CrashBangWallop

Good afternoon, people,

I would like to re-powder coat my rocker cover as, it's looking a bit worse-for-wears.

Is there any particular paint stripper that's up to the task?

And anything I should be careful of?

*I know I can get it sand-blasted but, I was thinking of alternatives.

Thanks,

Neil

If you're going to get it powdercoated again, then I'd let the powdercoaters strip it too.

If you really want to prep it yourself, try Nitromors paint stripper. I've used it on ally wheels before, BUT the amount of time it took to get all the paint off and prep the surface, I wish I'd got them blasted or dipped. You'll not catch me using paint stripper again...

Fair enough.  Thanks very much, Blatman.  It sounds more hassle than it's worth.

Neil

I know i say this every time you post something but theres a guy on passion ford who re-powdercoats rocker covers and has a great rep.  He advertises on one of the banners at the top of the forums so just keep hitting re-load untill his advert coems up.  I think he's called northwest cam covers.

If you do find a decent powdercoaters localy let me know as i need to get mine done cheap as possible ;)

If you do find a decent powdercoaters localy let me know as i need to get mine done cheap as possible ;)

I think i have seen a sign for powder coating company in Milton, the industrial estate opposite Tesco. Chaz may know if i'm correct or talking out my  :arse:

The powder-coaters Chaz was on about is Morley Bros, in Milton.  I'm taking it there.  However, they don't do the blasting themselves... farming it out to a company down the road, Huntingdales, which I could take around myself ???

Morley Bros in Milton are very good, they have done most of my SE!!!!!

The chap you need to speak to is called Stuart.

Pay cash and tell them Chaz sent you, oh and mention you have a Westfield

Huntingdales, Unit 2-3 Cace Road Industrial Estate, Fen Road.

01223 425929.

These guys used to do all the blasting for Arch Motors (manafacturers of Caterham chassis), I have used them and they did a good job, again offer cash.

Chaz.

The new job is going really well.

Looks like we're opening on the 31st, the restaurant looks great (handover from builders to us is on the 26th).

There are some issues with the services but these should be resolved by the 28th, it looks like the soft launch is going to be 29th and 30th.

I'll keep you posted.

Chaz.

it looks like the soft launch is going to be 29th and 30th

Chaz..do you mean what I think you mean  ???

Table Dancers  :love:  :D  :D  :D