thoughts of Autosport 05

barney

Reversing light not a legal requirement at all.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Westfieldman

• Charlie - Yorksboys.

• barney

I felt that the new Westfield with the Dunell Duratec fell short on the attension to detail for £30K

Look at this picture and look at the cam cover bolts

dunnell%2001.jpg

Who cares............. look at that exhaust fannymould  :p  :love:  :cool:

Look at this picture and look at the cam cover bolts

Whats wrong with them?

No

Look at them Paul Dunnell has had to have removed them to work on the engine and then just put them back in

If you look you will see 3 have a threaded stud out of the nut head to screw on a plactic bobbin to hold the plastic tea try cover on in the Mondeo and the rest are Ford bolts except the two that are cap heads that he has drilled for the seal

All for £2.50 worth of new cap head screws they could have all been cap head screws

Who cares............. look at that exhaust fannymould

I know the firts attempt on my car was not good [got my money back] but its too short and only 1 1/2" dia

For £30K I would also expect JIC aero spec oil lines for the dry sump not BSP steel fittings like these

dunnell%2002.jpg

dunnell%2003.jpg

Areo spec fuel lines not rubber

And silicone water hoses not nasty rubber ones like these

dunnell%2004.jpg

I got jic fittings and full hi-spec braided hose for all my dry sump pipework and fittings etc + a carbon battery securing  strap and a nice shiny Mocal oil catch tank :D  :D  :D  :D

2842.jpeg

Must dash - taxi waiting  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Was your car at Autosport Mark? You should have said... :D

Andy

Perhaps I shoulda took me bonnet off as well  :D  :D  :D  :devil:

Hotfoot Hodders beastie looked well sorted as ever - good to see at least 2 WSCC cars and stickers on display  :D  :D

Pity I didn't get a decent piccie of Dels though  :(  :(

I woudn't put too much score on a coupl of bolts , probably put together in a rush to meet the deadline

One thing for sure I bet it's a goer  if Dunnel says its 250 plus   :p

Thought the show was okay, was it me or did the totty seemed to be a bit more clothed than usual :oops:  :oops:

As for the S2000. Richard was saying the Engine and gearbox package was circa 15k at cost,

so see were a large chunk of the 30k was.

Apparently the show car weighed in at 512kg (screened) with the new chassis, with a sierra diff,

so sub 500kg with a freelander.

I thought the biggest thing was that the chassis was 20% lighter and 30% stiffer

and was now made from CDS.

This chassis will also be available later as a uprade on the standard kit  :cool:  :cool:

So as far as i see it you could build your own verson of the S2000 by sorting your own powerplant (9k) not going six speed sequencial (5/6k) and building it yourself for a damn sight less.

I personally think if the chassis lives up to WF expectations then that was a very understated launch of something pretty major.

Cheap R500 anyone  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I'd expect a Stack or something for that sort of money

What, you mean like the Stack ST700 that was sat in the dash. :durr:

You gotta laugh at some of the anal comments - did you go round the Caterham and Radical and check out the bolt consistency on those?  :p

They can't win sometimes can they? People say the want a 240+hp engine with  a sequential, aero wishbones etc etc, they do it then people start moaning about bolts not being regular.

Who said Westfield owners were anal lol