Which Instruments ?

Rich255

Hi

I've just bought my first Westie and am looking forward to running it in some Speed Series events this year. I have lots of engine work to do (Ford 1700 Zetec SE) but before I start on that I need to replace the dash and buy some instruments (previous owner had a top line Stack installed and wouldn't let me have it).

Can you please give me some advice on

a) Where's the best place to go for an ally or carbon Fibre Dash, and

B) Is there a less expensive option than a Stack 8130 from another manufacturer or should I go for conventional instruments?

Thanks

Richard

Are you sure its a 1700 Zetec?  Do you mean X-flow or maybe 1800 Zetec?

On the dash front.  Carbon Fibre ones are available from Fluke and Playskool Motorsport and probably others too.  Not sure about Ali ones, maybe the factory.  On the instrument front, SPA do something similar to the stack but no that cheap, otherwise check out the mychron 3 on the playskool site.  There are lots of other digital type dashes if thats what you're after.

Speak to Paul at Playskool. Excellent to deal with, and lots of good advice. Wish I had found him much earlier in my build.

Recommended.

Mark

Yes, it is definitely a 1700. Straight from an ex hairdressers Puma !

Corrected, I stand.  Didn't know these were called Zetecs.  Meant to be a cracking engine and very light as well.  Good Choice!

Get hold of a copy of the Demon Tweeks Motorsport Catalogue.  Think you have to pay a small amount unfortunately but it'll give you a good idea of what is available in the world of instruments then you can go and buy them from somewhere cheaper! ;)

Sounds like a Digidash or a Mychron would suit your needs, both just as well specced as most Stacks, but about £500 all in. There's been lots of threads about these in the past so a search will dig em out.

Chris

can vouch for plays-kool CF dash. Bear in mind that  although it has a rolled bottom edge you will need to cut it to your required shape.

some info on instruments on

www.dataspares.com

I'm looking to purchase an mxl strada from here.

cheers

Paul