Swirl Pot

Big R

Apologies if this has been discussed before - my Westfield supplied tank is designed for a fuel injected engine, i.e. has a return port and the pick up is in a lowest point of the tank.  Do I still need a swirl pot to ensure a constant feed of fuel to the pump, or is the tank design good enough?

This topic has been discussed a lot on the site. In a nutshell I believe most people who use your set up have no problems on the road but on the track the only way to ensure a constant supply of fuel (with lower fuel levels) is to fit a swirl pot. This is the route I have taken.

A search should pick up relevent threads and the reasoning behind fitting a swirl pot.  :D

Paul

Do I still need a swirl pot to ensure a constant feed of fuel to the pump,

Yes to cover all conditions

Not if you drive like Blatters

Cos it won't make any difference

Mine (injection tank-) seems to get starvation at less than 1/4 tank at 3 sisters and Curborough. Fit an extra pot while you've got chance I reckon

Anyone got any pics of a swirlpot installation?

I definitely need to fit one - fuel starvation even with over a third of a tank on full brands Hatch circuit and I wasn't even going very quick (well you wouldn't with little fuel getting through... :D )

Ta

Ben

I used a Westfield injection tank last year with a "built in" swirl pot and it was just fine (track use only)  :D  :D  :D  ;)

I used a Westfield injection tank last year with a "built in" swirl pot and it was just fine (track use only)

Carbs or fuel injection

If I was using an injection tank with swirl pot - then tis most deffo an injection car  :D  :D  :D  :D or it was last time I looked  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)

I didn't need it with carbs  :D  :D  :D na na na na na na na na  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D and used a boggo tank  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

A mere bagatelle in the overall project  :D  :D  :D  :D and I sold my old one anyway na na na na na na na na na na na  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

does when Wotbox drives it  :D  :D  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  ;)