Invite to French Event

Mark Stanton

The WSCC have been invited to an event being organised by our friends en France (yep even Mr Billsberry).

Anyone interested please contact the Event Organisers directly on the e-mail noted below

Dear WSCC,

We are French seven’s enthusiasts (and owners), involved in the French Seven scene for a long time:

- JC. NIEUTIN, builder and owner of a French seven look alike named MARTIN (www.clubmartin.com)

- Olivier GUERIN, owner of a Caterham all steel and dry sumped BDR (1 of perhaps 5 in France)

- JC. DIOT, builder and owner of a MARTIN, independent Ford products retailer (Fornaut).

- And I, Hervé GROSJEAN, builder and owner of a MARTIN ( http://7.77.free.fr )

We have the project to organize a French festival dedicated to the Seven and its “derivates”.

This show will take place in Arcachon (near Bordeaux), in a airfield (we have all the authorizations). This will allow us to have all the space necessary to locate a track (presence of B&B propulsion, caterham rental……), a camping, show area, parts dealers, constructors area (with the presence of the French DONKERVOORT importer, Bernard Flament), club area, technical area with: twin choke set up, CO/CO² set up, rolling road session, db control, and a ¼ mile acceleration zone with time and speed recording (we have a 1 mile straight line).

This will happen on the first 15 days of September 2005, during the famous “Bordeaux Blat”, and we hope to have some English enthusiasts.

There are about 1.800 sevens in France, and we hope to have about 200 French Sevens. We are in touch with the French forums ( “Club Martin”, about 550 Sevens including some DAX, Caterhams, and westies– “general French and Belgium Forum”, about 120 Sevens, principally Caterhams - and the French Lotus Mailing list), and everybody is enthusiast, for example, a recent poll on the French and Belgium Forum shows a sub 80 % participation rate……it is very hopeful.

Mr Bonal ( the French chairman of Caterham competition) is very enthusiast, Mr Flament (the French Donkervoort importer) also and he is trying to have the presence of Joop Donkervoort. We are about to contact Henri Pescarolo and JP Beltoise.

It will be the first time in France, such a type of manifestation will take place, and it seems that everybody was expecting it!

When the project will be advanced enough, we will contact all the Medias to have its participation.

We need yours!

Are you interested in showing your cars?

It will be a great pleasure to welcome you.

I hope you will take my request into consideration,

Waiting for your reply,

Best regards.

Hervé GROSJEAN     e-mail   7.77@free.fr

What a shame my car will be on't boat to Houston....

maybe next year if we get invited back, sounds like a great event

The WSCC have been invited to an event being organised by our friends en France (yep even Mr Billsberry).

This will happen on the first 15 days of September 2005, during the famous “Bordeaux Blat”, and we hope to have some English enthusiasts.

Oi cheeky monkey Mr Stanton!

I would love to go but my car along with Barry Ashcroft and Simon Houghton's beasties will be 3/4 of the way a cross the Atlantic on their way to the good old USA on a 4 week trip doin' the West Coast ! :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :D  :D  :D  :D

Buzz  :D

Enough  :D  :D  :D  it'll be right  :D  :D  ;)