The Italian Job

Chris Elworthy

Went to see the Italian Job last night.

Thought it was brilliant but should have been directed by Guy Ritchie for the UK market.

Definitely recommended. (added Bonus - the Honda Accord advert totally unedited)

Michael Caine was asked to appear in the latest film.

His response was `what was wrong with the original ?`

This is true....

If you like car chases then see `Ronin` (the nuts of a car chase on the peripherique going against the traffic !!!!!;)  This blows `Bullit` out of all contention as best chase......

If you like modern Italian Job mini chases then see `The Bourne Identity`

Thats my two pence worth............

What about the opening sequence in `Fear is the key`

I agree with Hilux Ronin is the biz. The shots of Robert Dinero driving was done by the car having two steering wheels. The car was then driven by a french stunt man with diniro sat at the side of him so the shots showed real fear on his face. However there are many other great car films, Bullit, French connection, Two Lane Blacktop, American Graffiti. Perhaps we can compile a list of must see films. If anyone wants to send me their thoughts I will get a list together to go in the club mag. If we time it right it might give that special person in your life some ideas for stocking fillers for Xmas.