Thames Valley BMW Mini Plant Tour - Oxford

Neil H

Thames Valley and Northants areas are organising a factory tour of the BMW Mini production plant at Oxford – as initiated by Chris Elworthy.

The plant ONLY runs weekday tours at the below times.

Monday to Thursday =  09:30 and 13:45 | Friday = 09:15 and 12:45

Tour lasts approx 2.5 hours. A charge of £3 each includes a £1 contribution to the charity Whizz-Kids.

N.B. - no under 14s and no Pacemakers!

We’ll also be organising a pub lunch.

Below TV members have already replied positively (dependant on proposed date). Can all those wishing to attend (including those on the list) please e-mail me neil@n-hatton.demon.co.uk , pasting in the proposed January dates, and indicating against each day "Yes" or "No"? I shall then pull out the most acceptable date.

James Lambert

Peter Osborne

David Crawly (Wednesday and Friday)

Dale

Pete Collins

Ross Baird (except Fridays)

Colin Palmer

Kevin Wood

Neil Hatton

Jane Hatton?

Jeff Handover

JANUARY DATES

-------------

Monday 24th-----------

Tuesday 25th----------

Wednesday 26th--------

Thursday 27th---------

Friday 28th-----------

All

The one date which appears to meet with the most people expressing a wish to attend is;

Friday 28th January.

I propose this date as far as TV are concerned and it's one of the dates Chris gave whereby the factory are free.

I'll look at identifying and locating a pub for lunch via the Good Beer Guide, unless someone knows of a gem?

Cheers,

Neil

If it is the Friday that your going give me a wave if you can spot me, I'll be delivering the dashboards in the Intier Automotive trucks.

Malc.

1662.jpeg

Hi Malc.

Yes, we're gonna go for the Friday 09:15 tour. Will keep an eye out for you :-)

We have a not too bad a turnout from the Thames Valley members given it being a working day (8-9), but only 1 from Northants! Am suggesting opening the event up to other areas as part of the entry fee goes to a kids charity.

Where you from and any idea if the area could add a couple more people? Pub lunch in promissed ;-)

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Justin.

Doing fine. Back on the PC (after an evening of TV with the missus) finishing a couple of bits such as area report (dead-line tomorrow) and last few e-mails for this Mini tour.

Started to make an effort with job searching this week, had loads of calls, mainly from useless IT recruitment agents, but one's progressed to an interview. Won't say much just yet; as it's not straight forward.

I still dream of the day when I get Westie back on the road :-)

Cheers for now. Do you have Instant Messenger on your PC? If so mail me and I'll give you my IM address, can then talk via  keyboard.

URGENT - REF DATE OF EVENT

Since confirming the available dates and us getting organised BMW have booked a school in on the day we agreed so Friday 28th IS NOT POSSIBLE.

I have taken the liberty of provisionally booking the following:

FRIDAY 4th FEBRUARY at 12:45PM

There are however only 20 places available in total so first come first served. Please let me or Neil know ASAP

Sorry about the change

Chris

Hi Malc.

We have a not too bad a turnout from the Thames Valley members given it being a working day (8-9), but only 1 from Northants! Am suggesting opening the event up to other areas as part of the entry fee goes to a kids charity.

Where you from and any idea if the area could add a couple more people? Pub lunch in promissed ;-)

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Niel,

I'm from the Chelt/Glos Area, Tony Sighe (AO) has sent out an area email seeing if anyone is interested.

I only work Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I get to see the place every weekend so I don't want to give up a days holiday to look round the place - else I would of loved to join up with you guys.

Have a nice time, and I'll try to be around when you arrive at my section of the production line.

Malc.

Hi Malc.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Niel,

I'm from the Chelt/Glos Area, Tony Sighe (AO) has sent out an area email seeing if anyone is interested.

I only work Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I get to see the place every weekend so I don't want to give up a days holiday to look round the place - else I would of loved to join up with you guys.

Have a nice time, and I'll try to be around when you arrive at my section of the production line.

Malc.

Are you anywhere near Exterior Trim?

Front & Rear Bumpers

Bonnet & Fender Spats

Rear Spats

Sills

Repeater Surrounds

Front & Rear Bumpers

Bonnet & Fender Spats

Rear Spats

Sills

Repeater Surrounds

Dashboards are put in near the end of line 1 of production (Pam 3), they're one of the first set of components to go in to the car, but we also deliver door panels & centre consoles which are delivered to the same deck area as bumpers.

Front & Rear Bumpers

Bonnet & Fender Spats

Rear Spats

Sills

Repeater Surrounds

Dashboards are put in near the end of line 1 of production (Pam 3), they're one of the first set of components to go in to the car, but we also deliver door panels & centre consoles which are delivered to the same deck area as bumpers.

Opps, forgot we work for the same group  :durr:

BMW MINI PLANT TOUR NOW FULLY BOOKED!

HAVE ALL 20 PLACES FILLED.

-------------------------------------------

Many thanks to all those attending. ;)

Details of the day, and a meeting point, will be posted shortly.

Cheers,

Neil

Meet up details and maps etc. are being forwarded to you by Richard Cleaver or Neil hatton.

Alternatively if you cant wait send me a PM with your E-Mail address and I will forward them to you directly.

REMINDER : FRIDAY FEBRUARY 4th - Tour starts at 12:45PM

Meet location and time to be confirmed by Neil hatton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

Just a reminder about tomorrows BMW Mini tour. You can meet us at one of two rendezvous points, as detailed below, depending on whether you want late breakfast or not;

- 10am Meet at Little Chef (on the Travellodge park), Oxford, for late breakfast. PEARTREE ROUNDABOUT, WOODSTOCK ROAD OX2 8JZ

Street Map Location - Little Chef

- 12:30 At the BMW Mini plant, via Gate 7, in the reception for the INFO CENTRE in building "81.0".

My mobile for the day will be 07966 311817,

Cheers,

Neil